Best Cocoa Powder Brands and Opinions

Reaction score
Hello, I am conducting some research into cocoa powder for a university assignment and was wondering you could help me by answering the following questions:
what is your 'go to' brand of cocoa powder and why?
what are your opinions of Dr Oetker cocoa powder?

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
I like Hershey's cocoa powder. The flavor is better than other powder's that I've tried. Also, I'm kind of caught up with the branding haha. I've never tried Dr. Oetker cocoa powder.

Reaction score
I've never heard of Dr Oetker cocoa powder, but then I'm in the UK and I'm guessing you are probably in the US. I use Cadbury's Bourneville cocoa powder :)

Reaction score
I use Hershey's Cocoa Powder typically and store brand in a pinch but I am in the US too. Dr. Oetker's is not available here but I checked it out on the internet and the fine dark sounds like it would be great for baking.

Reaction score
Hello, I am conducting some research into cocoa powder for a university assignment and was wondering you could help me by answering the following questions:
what is your 'go to' brand of cocoa powder and why?
what are your opinions of Dr Oetker cocoa powder?

Thanks for your help!
Hershey's Cocoa Powder was traditionally my favorite out of habit, but now I switch between Ghirardelli, Scharffen Berger and Hershey depending on the depth of flavor and how many ingredients the recipe calls for.

Reaction score
Hershey's is the cheapest, "good" brand. Ghirardelli is a better brand, but hard to find where I live (even in the big city). Safeway brand is pretty good too. I've never heard of any of the other brands mentioned.

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Dutch cocoa powder as well as organic cocoa powder. Usually I get my cocoa powders directly from a baking supplier warehouse but I believe you can find some good quality ones in the stores like Whole Foods.

Ask a Question