Coconut Bread

Reaction score
My family and I love making Coconut, especially on Christmas and Thanksgiving. When making Coconut Bread you can either use fresh coconut or store-bought coconut. I rather use fresh coconut instead since I have so many in my backyard. Coconut Bread is a quick to make recipe you won't regret trying. The bread is very delicious, moist, light, and easy to make. I like minds served with some homemade mango jam or drizzle with maple syrup. I'm planning on making one this weekend but this time served with vanilla ice cream. Yummy! :p

Reaction score
Oh, TwinkleBell....homemade mango jam?? Oh my goodness....send some through the Internet, please!!! I LOVE mangoes!!!

When you make your bread do you actually put the coconut in the dough? My brother in law makes bread...a basic recipe, then he rolls it out and puts topping on it, then laces it all together. One of his concoctions is shredded coconut and butterscotch chips. I didn't think it sounded too good at first but it's DELICIOUS!!

Reaction score
Oh, TwinkleBell....homemade mango jam?? Oh my goodness....send some through the Internet, please!!! I LOVE mangoes!!!

When you make your bread do you actually put the coconut in the dough? My brother in law makes bread...a basic recipe, then he rolls it out and puts topping on it, then laces it all together. One of his concoctions is shredded coconut and butterscotch chips. I didn't think it sounded too good at first but it's DELICIOUS!!
Yes, it is added into the dough. First, I combine the flour, salt and baking powder with a wire whisk. I then stir in the coconut and sugar by making a well in the center. I combined the last set of ingredients into another bowl pouring it into well. I then mix until batter is well combined together. :D

Ask a Question