Cod & clementine curry

Reaction score
This isn't a baked dish, but I made this last night and it was so good that I just had to share it here. Given that we're all into tasty food I figured someone might find it interesting :)

Nadiya Hussain's Cod & Clementine Curry

It was just so darn tasty! When I told Ian I was making fish and orange curry he thought I was joking... to be honest I can see his point. It's not the kind of thing that sounds like it would work, but oh-my-goodness it was delicious. I can't wait to have some friends over so that I can cook it for them! :D

I made a minor tweak to the recipe - Ian can't eat tomatoes (one of his many allergies) so I substituted 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar for the tomato paste.

Reaction score
Actually I just thought - Nadiya did this recipe on The Great British Bake Off as a pasty/pie filling I think, therefore baking related after all :D

Reaction score
To me that sounds really yummy. I grew up eating curry. The Japanese love curry so much they market blocks of curry sauce. They look like oversized blocks of boullion. Just add it to your liquid and you have curry sauce. My young niece is a finicky little eater. But put a bowl of rice and curry in front of her and she will gobble it up.

Reaction score
Is the dish sweet? I want to learn more curry recipes this year, but I'm not a fan of ones with anything sweet in them

Reaction score
Is the dish sweet? I want to learn more curry recipes this year, but I'm not a fan of ones with anything sweet in them

Nope it wasn't sweet at all. The only sweetness comes from the clementine juice you add at the end, and the rest of the dish is savoury enough to compensate for it. If you don't want any sweetness at all, then leave out the juice - or maybe use lime juice instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack Sr

Latest Threads