Coffee and Cookie Brownies

Reaction score
I typically don't use too many mixes for baking, because I prefer to make my baked goods from scratch, but I sometimes bend the rules when it comes to brownies, because the mix brownies are so good. I was looking for a coffee based recipe, and I came across this one that looks pretty good, and also seems to be quick and easy, since it's based off of two different pre-made mixes. It's from Better Homes and Gardens, which is a site I like not only for recipes, but also for decorating and DIY ideas.

Coffee and Cookie Brownies
Ingredients
  • 1 16 1/2 ounce package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 19 1/2 ounce package milk chocolatebrownie mix
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup coffee liqueur or cooled strong coffee
  • 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolatepieces
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Press sugar cookie dough into the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl combine eggs, brownie mix, oil, and liqueur until just combined. Spread batter over sugar cookie dough. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces.
  3. Bake for 40 minutes or until edges are set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. To serve, cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
TO STORE:
Cover pan and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.

Attachments

• coffee and cookie brownies.jpg
    coffee and cookie brownies.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 391
Reaction score
I LOVE coffee flavored anything. It's a little weird to me to think that I didn't really like coffee at all until I was about 20. Before that I thought it was awful and bitter!

These sound like something I would devour. Coffee + chocolate to me is a match made in heaven!!

Reaction score
I LOVE coffee flavored anything. It's a little weird to me to think that I didn't really like coffee at all until I was about 20. Before that I thought it was awful and bitter!

These sound like something I would devour. Coffee + chocolate to me is a match made in heaven!!

I've always loved the smell of coffee, although I didn't start drinking it until I was around 12 years of age. I would go to the supermarket with my mom and they had coffee grinders at the end of the aisle, and the smell would permeate the entire store, and it smelled heavenly to my young self. I still love the smell of it, unless I have a migraine.

Mocha has always been a favorite not only of mine, but also of most in my family, and I think these will be well appreciated :D.

Reaction score
I was recently saying I am not much of a coffee person but I must confess I am very opened to any coffee related baked goods. I can't say I will try this soon but I would not mind at all having one to munch. It could be a match made in heaven like @cupcakechef stated.

Ask a Question