Coffee cake filling sinks to bottom

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to recreate a coffee cake of my moms for years. It’s done in a Bundt pan. It’s basically a yellow sponge cake with a swirl made from brown sugar, cinnamon and sour creme. I mix according to the proper quantities and put the swirl mixture on top, but instead of it being swirled thorougout, it just sinks to the bottom every time. And suggestions?

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to recreate a coffee cake of my moms for years. It’s done in a Bundt pan. It’s basically a yellow sponge cake with a swirl made from brown sugar, cinnamon and sour creme. I mix according to the proper quantities and put the swirl mixture on top, but instead of it being swirled thorougout, it just sinks to the bottom every time. And suggestions?

Alternate adding layers of batter and swirl filling. Dumping all the filling on top is going to cause it to sink because it’s to heavy. The swirl has to divided up in thin layers between the batter.

Ask a Question