Coffee and Tea Machines: Recommendations and Reviews

Reaction score
Not really a baking item, but does make a yummy drink that goes with baked goodies!!!

Do you like coffee or tea? Do you use a coffee/tea machine?
If so, what kind do you have? Does it work well? Would you suggest it to others?

DP0519201617055789M.TIF
272243596074_1.jpg
s-l225.jpg

Reaction score
I'm actually looking for a new coffee machine.

I like these "pod" machines or "K cup" machines that make one cup at a time.

I like the My Cafe machine from Bunn, but its really expen$ive. I can't see spending $100 and over on a small machine that just makes coffee. But I like the different "baskets" is has....as you can make coffee with fresh grounds, or from a pod/Kcup, or tea, or even just hot water!
ddf95b15-3c15-4987-9707-07f165c0fe9f_1.950cf47a22192283f2d4522703e73588.jpeg

Im looking for something similar that is a lot cheaper, but have not found anything yet.

Reaction score
We got a Nespresso machine recently, which I really like. I don't drink caffeine but I love coffee, so we got it because the decaf is really good. The only downsides are that the pods are tiny, and it's pretty expensive. When we were last in the US we stayed in an AirBnB place that had a Keurig coffee machine and it was great! My husband much preferred it to our Nespresso machine.

Unless you're a coffee connoisseur I don't think you need to spend a lot. You're lucky in the USA that you have such a massive range of coffee pods to pick from!

Reaction score
We got a Nespresso machine recently, which I really like. I don't drink caffeine but I love coffee, so we got it because the decaf is really good. The only downsides are that the pods are tiny, and it's pretty expensive. When we were last in the US we stayed in an AirBnB place that had a Keurig coffee machine and it was great! My husband much preferred it to our Nespresso machine.

Unless you're a coffee connoisseur I don't think you need to spend a lot. You're lucky in the USA that you have such a massive range of coffee pods to pick from!

Well, I found a new machine that is regularly $60.00 or more, for only $30.00 on Ebay. I LOVE EBAY!!
It's not the Bunn I want, but it's close. It uses pods or grounds, which is all I really want.

Hamilton Beach FlexBrew
f218cecc-7cdc-4940-928f-17f3c7e64b18_1.0c2b8772f10d41e56c08ebee4426ebc2.jpeg

Yeah, pods are pretty cheap.........so many companies make coffee pods of all kinds now.
So much competition, they are just cheap. There is a store called Big Lots, and I saw a box of 100 pods/Kcups for $20.00. So yeah....I think I will be happy with this machine.

Plus, I find boxes of Kcups on clearance racks all the time, especially "holiday" flavors that don't sell too well. I snatched up a box of Tootsie Roll Hot Chocolate Kcups at the store the other day for $3.00.

They also have reusable Kcups you can buy and put your own coffee in them. So if I really like this machine, I will probably get some reusable Kcups.

Reaction score
Apologies for waking an old thread, I'm a new member and thought I'd share my tiny coffee machine.
It's called an Aeropress, and makes a kind of half strength espresso.
aeropress3z.jpg

It works like a big syringe. It produces lovely smooth coffee. I combine it with a hand grinder and it's hard to beat the quality, especially considering the £25-ish price tag. I used to use it when camping too, it can be taken anywhere.
For anyone struggling to lay out a fortune on a coffee machine I'd thoroughly recommend it. Also if you wanted to make decent coffee on a budget for cake flavouring.

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well I recently decided to shake up my boring, automatic, coffee(regular) life and bought a Delonghi Cafe Expresso Maker( with ESE Pod option) and I have been making flavored cappuccinos ever since. Flavors like Cherry, Coconut, English Toffee, Red Velvet, Cheese Cake, Cookie Dough and a few others. Now all my breakfasts are special like a cappuccino and a slice of apple pie.

Reaction score
Apologies for waking an old thread, I'm a new member and thought I'd share my tiny coffee machine.
It's called an Aeropress, and makes a kind of half strength espresso.
aeropress3z.jpg

It works like a big syringe. It produces lovely smooth coffee. I combine it with a hand grinder and it's hard to beat the quality, especially considering the £25-ish price tag. I used to use it when camping too, it can be taken anywhere.
For anyone struggling to lay out a fortune on a coffee machine I'd thoroughly recommend it. Also if you wanted to make decent coffee on a budget for cake flavouring.

This is how my brother makes coffee. He’s an artisan coffee roaster. He’s created a partnership with coffee growers in Mexico to import and distribute their coffee beans in the US.

Many in the roasting community use the aeropress.

I use a French press. I have to admit when my brother makes a cup of coffee for me with his aeropress it’s far superior to the coffee my French press produces.

Reaction score
Well, I found a new machine that is regularly $60.00 or more, for only $30.00 on Ebay. I LOVE EBAY!!
It's not the Bunn I want, but it's close. It uses pods or grounds, which is all I really want.

Hamilton Beach FlexBrew
f218cecc-7cdc-4940-928f-17f3c7e64b18_1.0c2b8772f10d41e56c08ebee4426ebc2.jpeg

Yeah, pods are pretty cheap.........so many companies make coffee pods of all kinds now.
So much competition, they are just cheap. There is a store called Big Lots, and I saw a box of 100 pods/Kcups for $20.00. So yeah....I think I will be happy with this machine.

Plus, I find boxes of Kcups on clearance racks all the time, especially "holiday" flavors that don't sell too well. I snatched up a box of Tootsie Roll Hot Chocolate Kcups at the store the other day for $3.00.

They also have reusable Kcups you can buy and put your own coffee in them. So if I really like this machine, I will probably get some reusable Kcups.

I think the reusable k cups make the most sense economically and environmentally.

Reaction score
This is how my brother makes coffee. He’s an artisan coffee roaster. He’s created a partnership with coffee growers in Mexico to import and distribute their coffee beans in the US.

Many in the roasting community use the aeropress.

I use a French press. I have to admit when my brother makes a cup of coffee for me with his aeropress it’s far superior to the coffee my French press produces.
Yeah, because you don't leave the coffee brew/stew for long it produces a lovely smooth flavour. It makes a difference hand grinding the beans for each cup too. I use a cheap hand grinder like this.
Free-Shipping-Manual-Coffee-Grinder-Stainless-Steel-Kitchen-Hand-Manual-Grind-Coffee-Bean-Burr-Grinder-Mill.jpg_640x640.jpg

It was only £8. People are genuinely shocked at the premium taste the little combo can produce. Even more impressive in the middle of a field using a spirit burner for heat.

Reaction score
Yes, my brother actually times his press. He said the bitterness is a result of coffee soaking in water and the French press causing damage to the ground coffee as its pressed. He explained the aeropress doesn’t cause that damage.

Reaction score
We've got an Aeropress too, they're fantastic. Usually it's just Ian drinking coffee, and it's great for making one cup. I used to drink a lot of decaf coffee, and so we got a Nespresso machine because their decaf is great (something to do with the fact that they don't use solvents to remove the caffeine). Plus I like that the pods are 100% recyclable, and you can send them for processing free of charge.

Reaction score
We've got an Aeropress too, they're fantastic. Usually it's just Ian drinking coffee, and it's great for making one cup. I used to drink a lot of decaf coffee, and so we got a Nespresso machine because their decaf is great (something to do with the fact that they don't use solvents to remove the caffeine). Plus I like that the pods are 100% recyclable, and you can send them for processing free of charge.

I’m thinking I should buy an aeropress. It really does make a difference. My son and DIL have the Nespresso machine too. She drinks coffee, son doesn’t. One really good thing about them is everyone can choose the flavor they prefer.

Ask a Question