Confetti cake ......... isn’t

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I have seen on many cooking shows a confetti cake, it looks fantastic when cut, lots of lovely colours all throughout the cake.
i thought I can do that so I gave it a go, followed the recipe, popped it in the oven, waited with anticipation....and....nothing, just the odd bit of colour and the occasional crunch.
Are the sprinkles that are used in America different to those we have in the UK? I have tried large strands, small strands, hundreds and thousands, I’ve
tried mixing them in by hand at the end before putting the mixture in the tin, waiting till the mixture is in the tin then sprinkling them on top and just gently mixing in.....HELP!!!
What am I doing wrong. I’ve tried small cup cakes and large sandwich cakes but the results are the same.
Any advice will be welcome.
Thanks x

Reaction score
Cake Mate Sprinkles is one that holds it color.

There’s not many brand sprinkles that work well.

Cake Mate an American brand but I think you might be able to get them in the UK.

I googled “Cake Mate Sprinkles UK”
and found one source. But look around online you might be able to find others.

Ask a Question