Cookie bars

Reaction score
I'm late to this party, but this past month I finally tried making cookie bars instead of individual cookies. *Way* easier and faster. Also easier to eat too much, too, as the bars are thicker than the individual cookies you could make with the same recipe....

Reaction score
I don't think the concept of cookie bars has reached my side of the pond! How do they differ to cookies in terms of how you make them?

Reaction score
I haven't tried making cookie bars yet, but I'm very interested in how they would turn out. I wanted to bake some cookies with my son and he asked me if I knew how to make the cookie bars. I told him I don't really have any recipes for any or have tried it before. So we just ended up making the chocolate cookies that we always make. He was very happy with the results.

Reaction score
I love baking cookies but I have never tried baking cookie bars, but it sounds like something my family would really like. Do you make them the same way as the cookies only using a cake pan, or how do you bake them. Could you post the recipe here for us? Thanks!

Reaction score
I would love to know the recipe as well. I would love to give them a try, and who knows maybe my son will like them better than the traditional cookies we make. I'm really interested to see if making pumpkin bars would come out more soft and chewy than the regular pumpkin cookies we make.

Reaction score
I would love to know the recipe as well. I would love to give them a try, and who knows maybe my son will like them better than the traditional cookies we make. I'm really interested to see if making pumpkin bars would come out more soft and chewy than the regular pumpkin cookies we make.

Hey there is an idea, to make pumpkin bars instead of the regular pumpkin cookies, it seems like they would come out a lot more soft and chewy because the regular pumpkin cookies are crunchy and maybe the pumpkin bars could be an addition to the cookies or instead of . Thanks for the idea Dijbrat!:)

Reaction score
Chocolate chip cookies would have to be my all time favorite! I have however made cookie bars and while they sometimes do turn out better, I seem to still prefer a regular cookie. When I do make them though, they always fall apart while i'm trying to take them off of the cookie sheet. Any suggestions on that?

Reaction score
I have not reached the cookie bar concept, although I am opening to try it. My all time favorite cookie would be oatmeal raisin and a soft sugar cookie. My cookies shapes to do not ever come out right, and I am wondering why. Any suggestions I will take them.

Reaction score
You are so very welcome Dorothy. I agree that the pumpkin bars would come out more soft and chewy than the traditional cookies. I prefer the softer more chewier cookies and bars.

Reaction score
I love cookie bars. They are so delicious. I would mine having one right now.

Reaction score
These sound delicious, I have not heard of these before! As soon as I hear a great recipe or baking idea I want to make it. I'm going to try these at the weekend :)

Reaction score
I have heard of cookie bars, and definitely enjoyed eating them! I have to say that are just simply delicious. I can't wait to get my hands on the recipe so that I can move forward in making something everyone here at home will enjoy (other than my famous peanut butter cookies). And if it is easier than making single cookies alone, I really am excited to try baking them.

Reaction score
I have yet to try baking cookie bars. Now that you mention it, it would be great to eat it as is, or you could use it as a crust of some sort. Perhaps a chocolate chip crusted cheesecake or layer the chocolate chip bar with a fudge brownie with ice cream and whipped cream with chocolate syrup! There are endless possibilities with cookie bars.

Reaction score
You are so very welcome Dorothy. I agree that the pumpkin bars would come out more soft and chewy than the traditional cookies. I prefer the softer more chewier cookies and bars.

I gave your idea a try only I made chocolate fudge bars instead,they were so good and so much more chewier and softer then the original way of baking cookies, everybody loved them, I wish I knew this a long time ago, and they are also more fulfilling!!

Reaction score
Cookie bars are really simple since really you just put them in the pan and cut them as big or as small as you would like. Thats how my family has mad e them. I really prefer the regular cookie though, but if you are in a hurry, then these are great too.

Reaction score
I made Tripple Chocolate Cookie Bars couple months ago. They contain white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and cocoa. The cookie bars texture is somewhere between a soft, chewy cookie and brownie. This cookie bar treat is fast and simple to make. They're quite rich you need to cut the squares small. Yummy!!! :p

Reaction score
I love making cookie bars when I'm in a rush and have no time to scoop out individual cookies. Soo much easier to just spread them in a pan and pop them in the oven!

Reaction score
Cookie bars are great ! sometimes they are more satisfying then just a plain cookie. I think cookie bars allow you to be a little more creative with things you add in or top your cookie bars with.

Ask a Question