Cookie Cutters

Reaction score
Hello, fellow Bakers!

I was wondering if any of you like to use cookie cutters. I don't usually use them but we own quite a few.

I recently bought a dog bone cookie cutter. I love animals so I thought it was a cute little idea! I can't wait to use it.

What are some good recipes and helpful hints to use with cookie cutters?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I use cookie cutters I bought from a store called, 'Ross's' which is a lot like a T.J. Max so they have expensive brands that are being sold at cheaper prices. I bought the Wilton Enterprises 7-Piece Hearts set. I like sugar cookie recipes for cookie cutters. But they actually came with this recipe:
1/2 butter
1 C. sugar
1 egg
1 t. baking powder
1 3/4 C flour
1 T milk
1/2 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
Preheat oven to 375 F. If using a dark cookie sheet reduce heat 25 degrees. Cream butter and sugar, add egg and mix. Add remaining ing. and mix until smooth. Refrigerate dough 2 hours. Roll out dough 1/8 in thick on lightly floured surface, dip cutters into flour before EACH USE. Place on UNGREASED cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 min or until lightly browned. Place on cooling rack for 5 minutes (I don't have one so I just prop the sheet up on a metal bowl so it can cool as much as possible and then remove cookies onto a plate so I can make more). Remove from sheet and cool. Makes 18-22 cookies. To clean cutters; wash in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly or place in dishwasher top rack.

Reaction score
Hello, fellow Bakers!

I was wondering if any of you like to use cookie cutters. I don't usually use them but we own quite a few.

I recently bought a dog bone cookie cutter. I love animals so I thought it was a cute little idea! I can't wait to use it.

What are some good recipes and helpful hints to use with cookie cutters?

Thanks!
Unless its the holidays, I hardly use cookie cutters. I have a dog bone cookie cutter that I specifically bought to make dog treats for my dog. Sounds silly but he seems to enjoy the dog shaped ones more than clumps.

Reaction score
I had a dog bone cookie cutter, that came with a recipe for people biscutes. These were a sweet biscute type cookie, They were so much fun and children loved them. I no longer have the recipe but the cookie cutter works just fine with home made graham crackers

Reaction score
I have very few cookie cutters but my kids are getting up there in age where they constantly want to get creative so I need to get some more cutters. I saw some awesome creations from basic cutters so I need to hurry up and get us some.

Reaction score
I use cookie cutters I bought from a store called, 'Ross's' which is a lot like a T.J. Max so they have expensive brands that are being sold at cheaper prices. I bought the Wilton Enterprises 7-Piece Hearts set. I like sugar cookie recipes for cookie cutters. But they actually came with this recipe:
1/2 butter
1 C. sugar
1 egg
1 t. baking powder
1 3/4 C flour
1 T milk
1/2 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
Preheat oven to 375 F. If using a dark cookie sheet reduce heat 25 degrees. Cream butter and sugar, add egg and mix. Add remaining ing. and mix until smooth. Refrigerate dough 2 hours. Roll out dough 1/8 in thick on lightly floured surface, dip cutters into flour before EACH USE. Place on UNGREASED cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 min or until lightly browned. Place on cooling rack for 5 minutes (I don't have one so I just prop the sheet up on a metal bowl so it can cool as much as possible and then remove cookies onto a plate so I can make more). Remove from sheet and cool. Makes 18-22 cookies. To clean cutters; wash in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly or place in dishwasher top rack.

Thank you so much for the recipe! I will definitely try it soon.
Also, I love that others have the dog bone cookie cutters as well! I am always on the hunt to do something creative.

Reaction score
I actually love cookie cutters, haha. I have one of those big kits with a whole bunch of really interesting ones! I rarely use some of them, but you never know when you might need em!

Reaction score
I've collected loads of random ones over the years. Mainly Christmas and Easter ones, but either way, they're still cute and useful on various occasions!

Reaction score
My mom has quite a collection of cookie cutters but it is actually pretty rare for her to use them. I think the only time of the year that she uses them is around Christmas to do Christmas cookies that she then has her grandchildren decorate.
The only cookies that she ever uses them on are sugar cookies.

Reaction score
I love cookie cutters! I love the different and unique shapes they have. I like using many at one time so that my cookies will look different. I also love using cooking cutters on brownies. After baking brownies, I get my cookie cutters and go crazy. It's like DIY brownies instead of the usual cubes and rectangles. Hahaha.

Reaction score
Add me to the list of people who collect cookie cutters but only use them during the holidays. I would like to use them more, but the only recipes I know for cutout cookies are sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies. Does anyone know any cutout cookie recipes that aren't your usual sugar cookies?

Reaction score
I also collect cookie cutters and the newest to my collection are mini leaf cutters. These are fun for making crackers and small cookies to top cakes with. This last Christmas I actually received a cookie cutter that was filled with fudge and topped with crushed candy. I thought this was such a great idea, I am going to do it next holiday season and give them to my friends and family.

Reaction score
I no longer use those old fashion aluminum cutters that my mom used because they are so hard to clean.
I use the plastic cutters. They have crazy shapes and are easy to clean.

Reaction score
It stinks but I still haven't used my new cookie cutter! Right after I received it, I started my diet. I've lost a little so far but the temptation is real. I have sugar cookie mix in the pantry and it takes everything I have not to make them. I'm not one of those people that can eat one and be fine :p I would devour the whole batch! Luckily i'm young so I have a little bit of time to learn control! It's a real bummer that I haven't been able to try it yet, though. I was so excited!

Ask a Question