Cookie swaps?

Reaction score
Do you guys participate in cookie swaps around this time of the year? I haven't in the past but it seems like such a fun idea and I'd really love to this year =).

Reaction score
My mother in law participate in one a few years ago and she vowed to never do it again. She ended up having to make 12 dozen cookies and she was blue in the face by the time she was done. It seems like a lot of work, so I don't think I would participate in one.

Reaction score
Oh :( well that's a shame that she didn't have a good experience with it...I suppose if you're putting that much effort into a huge back it could be more of a chore than a fun activity.

Reaction score
Now what is a cookie swap JessiFox? Don't answer:). I looked it up and it was pretty much what I thought it might be. Can't say we have anything here like it that I am aware of. Further, if it is here it has to be on the low. Based on what I read it happens mostly around XMAS time? I will keep my ears to the ground and see if it surfaces.

Reaction score
Yes, no surprises in the naming choice ;). It does seem to be primarily a holiday thing...some people start their own, among friends or relatives, or at work. Things like that. I always thought it was such a nice, fun idea around this of year and really would like to participate in at least one eventually.

Reaction score
Yes, no surprises in the naming choice ;). It does seem to be primarily a holiday thing...some people start their own, among friends or relatives, or at work. Things like that. I always thought it was such a nice, fun idea around this of year and really would like to participate in at least one eventually.

It sounds like a lot of fun and HARD work. I need to ask some of my friends who might be in to the holidays if they have ever heard of it here in my country. What kind of cookie would you opt for? Saw that question asked elsewhere here. Let's "swap" ideas.:)

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, hopefully you can join in one ;). Oh gosh there are so many good options, Pinterest will be the death of me, I swear. I've got 3 different recipes more or less 'on deck' to try soon....raspberry kiss cookies with a kind of raspberry jam like center, apple cider gingersnap cookies and s'mores cookies. So, any of the above ;).

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, hopefully you can join in one ;). Oh gosh there are so many good options, Pinterest will be the death of me, I swear. I've got 3 different recipes more or less 'on deck' to try soon....raspberry kiss cookies with a kind of raspberry jam like center, apple cider gingersnap cookies and s'mores cookies. So, any of the above ;).

You know me. I will be rooting for you and watching from the sidelines:). Don't think I am ready for that fight just yet. I am a feather weight when it comes to the cookies, so I will have to get in better shape to climb the cookie making ladder. In the meantime I guess we can train together and I am sure to get some pointers from you.

Reaction score
You know me. I will be rooting for you and watching from the sidelines:). Don't think I am ready for that fight just yet. I am a feather weight when it comes to the cookies, so I will have to get in better shape to climb the cookie making ladder. In the meantime I guess we can train together and I am sure to get some pointers from you.

You'll get there, everyone has to start somewhere right? You know I just had a thought...how cool would it be if an online community of people did a swap? It would have to be an engaged community with enough interested people but still...snail mail and foodie inspiration, two of the very best things in one ;).

Reaction score
You'll get there, everyone has to start somewhere right? You know I just had a thought...how cool would it be if an online community of people did a swap? It would have to be an engaged community with enough interested people but still...snail mail and foodie inspiration, two of the very best things in one ;).

Sounds good, but still sounds like I will have to be on the sidelines cheering. I just posted another cookie for you to attempt. At least you can trust me to find them:).

It's a Ginger Puzzle Piece Cookie. You sound like someone who can solve any baking puzzle.

Ask a Question