this one really speaks to me!

INGREDIENTS
  • ⅔ cup skim milk (or milk of choice)
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 oreo cookies
  • 1 medium frozen banana*
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. In a blender pulse together milk, vanilla, sugar (if using) and frozen banana until smooth.
  2. Add the oreo cookies and pulse a little until they are to desired chunkiness. Top with a little fat free cool whip or whipping cream if desired.

Reaction score
Thank you for the recipe! My boyfriend LOVES oreos so hopefully this recipe will be to his liking. I wonder if the banana flavor will be too strong though and overpower everything else in the milkshake.

Reaction score
I make my own Oreo milkshakes but without the bananna and sugar. I instead add vanilla ice cream to my Oreo cookies and milk. Its so yummy!

Reaction score

INGREDIENTS
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 oreo cookies

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. In a blender pulse together milk, vanilla, sugar (if using) and frozen banana until smooth.
  2. Add the oreo cookies and pulse a little until they are to desired chunkiness. Top with a little fat free cool whip or whipping cream if desired.
This sounds awesome! I was drawn to this post, firstly because "cookies n' cream" is my absolute favorite ice-cream flavor! And secondly, I definitely have a "sweet-tooth", always have had one!
I love making smoothies and shakes using my blender as well, so this recipe suggestion is "right up my street!" This recipe looks "workable" and very easy to use. I'm going to try it, without a doubt, and SOON!
Thanks so much for the suggestion! I know that you said that the whipped cream is optional, but would it be possible for you to let me know if there's a substitute that I could use for it? I really love the taste, texture and effect of whipped cream, but I'm not able to buy any too often for some reason. Anything I could use instead?
Thanks!

Reaction score
I normally just use vanilla ice cream for those. I'll put it in the microwave and melt it down to liquid form. Then i'll crunch up some cookies or bake my own. I'm about to faint just thinking about it.

Reaction score
Thank you for the recipe! My boyfriend LOVES oreos so hopefully this recipe will be to his liking. I wonder if the banana flavor will be too strong though and overpower everything else in the milkshake.
The Oreo taste will probably overpower everything else. The banana is probably for texture. I probably wouldn't use skim milk. If you're making an Oreo milkshake, why bother to use diet milk? If you're already being decadent, you might as well use whole milk.

Reaction score

INGREDIENTS
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 oreo cookies

INSTRUCTIONS
I wish I could like this post 10 times!!! This milkshake is my favorite!! I have never made it at home but we love to eat at Chick Fil A and they have the best cookies and creme milkshakes ever!! Thanks for sharing this. My kids love them as well and they love to make our favorites at home. This is next on our list!!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
This one speaks to me as well- my boys LOVE cookies & cream, I'm sure this recipe will be a big hit with them :). I'm always on the hunt for more milkshake and smoothie recipes, thanks for adding another one to my arsenal ;).

Reaction score

INGREDIENTS
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 oreo cookies

INSTRUCTIONS

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! This sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I have all that at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when I don't have to buy a ton of new things in order to try a simple recipe! I'll really try it, love the idea of a nice cold treat!

Ask a Question