Cookies for Kids

Reaction score
Anyone know of any easy cookie recipes one can make with their kids. I'd like it to be something he can shape or mold because he's only 2 and doesn't quite know how to use a roller yet. He can use cutters and has used them with clay but I'd like him to get those motor skills practiced with the molding and shaping. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I think sugar cookies are still the best for kids, because you can cut them into any shape you want and decorate them after they're done (which is always fun for the kids). Besides that just any cookie that is a "drop" cookie (like you're using a spoon and dropping a dollop of it on the baking sheet); I think that will help them with their motor skills as well!

Reaction score
I agree with Tangela, my nieces loved the sugar cookies, because they could just get as creative as they wanted by decorating each cookie. We spent a while doing that :) I think this kind of cookies are perfect for kids, because they really seem to help them to get so creative and have lots of fun!

Reaction score
Thank you both so much! I can't wait to do some with him. We're getting ready for the Holidays (ours start in October) and I really want to do something new with him. Thank again!

Ask a Question