Cookies For Your Dog

Reaction score
I know there are many dog owners that do this but I haven't tried this yet. With all the worries about tainted pet treats I can see how many owners are opting to cook their own. Have any of you made cookies for your pet? If so, what are some of you're favorite recipes?

Reaction score
I cooked meals for my dog when I was a teenager and had one, but never baked cookies for him.

In fact I have never seen recipes to back dog cookies, but sounds interesting for dog owners.

Reaction score
There are quite a few recipes out there on the internet that I don't trust. I would look at dog sites, or a trusted friend.
I have two cockers, with sensitive stomachs so they get Milkbone treats and occasional carrots. That is pretty much it for treats. Now peanut butter, oh boy, they go nuts for that, so I would like to find a good one with peanut butter in it.

Reaction score
I used one once and all I remember is bacon fat. The dogs loved it! I would have a hard time trusting one now, since most of our ingredients aren't things a dog should be eating, Maybe shape some raw goodies into a bone? lol

Reaction score
I don't think there are many recipes that I would be able to cook and give to a dog in good conscience. I wold only go for ones, that are easy, to make, and from a very trusted source, otherwise, no.

Reaction score
I have not tried to bake any doggy treats myself but it is something I may look into later on. I have purchased some doggy cookie for a baker and my dog could not get enough.They are on the pricey side so it would be better to bake them myself.

Reaction score
Doggy cookies usually are "hard" and you have some that "taste good" for humans to eat.

I've made some cookies before that had carob in it. They tasted alright but just a little dryer.

Ask a Question