Cookies in a Jar!

Reaction score
I love creating cookies in a mason jar. They are great for gifts and I especially love to have them pre-made and just grab the jar out of the pantry and off we go to a baking sensation! It's quick and easy! If company expectantly comes to visit, you can have fresh bakes cookies without some of the time consuming hassle! Love it!!

Reaction score
Do you mean having a prepared mix stored in a jar? Sounds like a great idea, but then again it's just the dry mix and you still have to whisk in the wet ingredients. Or perhaps I've misunderstood. Could you explain a little more?

Reaction score
I have never cooked cookies from a cookie jar before. I see people making and selling these all the time though. Perhaps, I should buy one and follow the directions to see if my cookies actually turn out. itd be worth a shot in trying.

Reaction score
Yes! Having the mix prepared already in a jar and then adding the egg or butter or whatever the recipe calls for. It's actually pretty simple. Most of the recipes I have you just have to add an egg or butter and the cookies turn out great! You can do brownies and bread mixes in a jar too! I haven't experimented too much with those, but I plan to! Good luck if you decide to give it a try!

Reaction score
I've never tried, or even heard of it, but it seems like a pretty neat idea. Really simple, but saves you a lot of the trouble when you're in a hurry. Let's be honest, the worst part of baking is messuring all the ingredients :p

Reaction score
It does sound like a pretty good idea, and they would be so cute as gifts to baking-minded individuals. For those who aren't, I imagine you can also make pancakes-in-a-jar with a small how-to card. I've never seen it here in the Philippines, but it sounds like a cute business.

Reaction score
Absolutely! That's a great idea. I had not thought of that, but sounds creative and fun! You could even do waffle mixes and possibly a scone mix too. The possibilities are endless!

Reaction score
I love creating cookies in a mason jar. They are great for gifts and I especially love to have them pre-made and just grab the jar out of the pantry and off we go to a baking sensation! It's quick and easy! If company expectantly comes to visit, you can have fresh bakes cookies without some of the time consuming hassle! Love it!!
I'm sorry, explain????? What do you mean 'creating cookies in a mason jar????"

Reaction score
One of my friends actually gave me one of these..it was one of the ones where the mix was there and I just added butter, eggs, and a few other ingredients! It was convienent and tasty too, plus then I had a cute Mason jar! :p

Reaction score
Yeah, true. I always make sure I have available cookies at home as well as it's the best go-to gift if you suddenly get invited to a party. Also, my kids are just so fond of cookies that I cannot afford to run out of it. Otherwise, we would end up buying the commercial ones which are not that good and full of unhealthy ingredients.

Reaction score
I've never tried anything like this before, but I suppose if it's as simple as you say, I don't see why I should give it a try! It's an interesting idea!

Ask a Question