Cookies with Coffee?

Reaction score
What cookies go the best with coffee? My husband is an avid coffee drinker and from time to time he like cookies or cakes to go with his morning coffee.

What is the best type of cookie to have around to go with coffee?

Reaction score
What cookies go the best with coffee? My husband is an avid coffee drinker and from time to time he like cookies or cakes to go with his morning coffee.

The best cookies to go with coffee is chocolate chip cookies. That is if he is a chocolate lover. For me I take with my coffee and tea and it taste wonderful. Let him try it.

Reaction score
Oh man, you just reminded me of a recipe I came across that I have to find again. It was a coffee cake cookie! I have to ignore my need to eat clean for this one, I adore foods that go well with coffee! lol. The muffin recipe I posted a while back goes really well with coffee, but I think a cookie would be awesome. I'll post it if I find it :)

Reaction score

Shortbread cookies complement coffee. They aren't too sweet or complicated by toppings to over power this beverage. Shortbread cookies also are close in flavor to other pastries often eaten with coffee such as coffee cake.

Reaction score
Some purists will tell you there is nothing like Biscotti with coffee. There is a wide variety including chocolate and chocolate with nuts that may be a hit.

Reaction score
They sound like a good combination. I'm not sure which kinds would go best together, though. Just the thought of cookies and coffee makes me happy and hungry. I think I will have cookies and coffee for breakfast today, haha.

Reaction score
I know it's a commercially made product, but I think that Pepperidge Farm Milanos are pretty good with coffee. Home baked cookies are the best, but Pepperidge Farm makes some of my favorite mass produced cookies.

Reaction score
I love making almond biscotti to go with coffee or tea. They're delicious on their own, but when dipped into a beverage, they start to fall apart ever so slightly and the flavor is insane!

Reaction score
Oh man, you just reminded me of a recipe I came across that I have to find again. It was a coffee cake cookie! I have to ignore my need to eat clean for this one, I adore foods that go well with coffee! lol. The muffin recipe I posted a while back goes really well with coffee, but I think a cookie would be awesome. I'll post it if I find it :)

Yum! Did you find the recipe??? If so, will you post it??? :) and if you were already asked or already did I apologize in advance!!! I usually drink my coffee when I eat breakfast but maybe someday I'll drink it with coffe cake cookies instead. :)

Reaction score
I don't really think that there is one specific kind of cookie that always goes well with coffee, it depends on your mood and other factors like that.

However, for me I like to have chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies if I am eating them while I am drinking coffee.

Reaction score
Since I am a crazy chocolate lover. I would say that chocolate chip cookies are the best. Though, I can't argue that biscotti's are fairly tasty.

Reaction score

I also vote for eating chocolate chip cookies while drinking coffee. Almost any type of cookie complements a cup of coffee. Any type of chocolate cookie goes great with coffee.
Other types of cookies which go well with coffee include no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies, gingerbread cookies and peanut butter cookies.

Reaction score
Chocolate chip cookies taste great with coffee or milk. You should add walnuts to chocolate chip cookies. The walnuts add so much flavor to the cookie. I eat oatmeal raisin cookies while drinking coffee. There are a variety of cookies that complements coffee.

Reaction score
I've never had cookies with coffee. Usually enjoy a doughnut or a muffin. However, after scrolling through a few post, I think I might give a few of these suggestions a try. Many mentioned chocolate chip cookies so I will defiantly try those with my next cup of coffee.

Reaction score
I love just about any kind of cookie with coffee. In paticular, I enjoy chocolate chip cookies or peanut butter cookies with coffee best.
Of course, I could eat just about any type of cookie with coffee or milk. :) My mother loves to eat shortbread cookies with her coffee.
Personally, I don't think you can really go wrong in pairing any cookie flavor with coffee.

Reaction score
Biscotti cookies are wonderful with coffee.
I love Tim Tams with a strong hot streaming cup of black coffee.
Chocolate chip cookies are also good with an unsweetened latte .

Reaction score
My favorite are an anise or almond flavored biscotti. I love the liquor-like aroma they give off when dunked into the coffee. My grandparents used to always pour a little whiskey/bourbon in their coffee and then serve them with these cookies. The smell was incredible even though I was too young to drink those yet.

I certainly don't mind other cookies either, such as chocolate chip. However, I know this might sound strange, I actually prefer to dip my chocolate chip cookies in orange juice.

Reaction score
For me it is either butter cookies or chocolate chip cookies, if I am doing cookies with my coffee. I tend to drink coffee with breakfast, and I try to avoid cookies for breakfast.

Reaction score
All of them lol. My favorites to pair with coffee, though, are chocolate dipped almond biscottis and shortbread cookies. Mmm or a russian tea cookie!

Reaction score
You really can't go wrong. I like oatmeal raisin cookies with my coffee, but that's just me. Nothing too crumbly or you'll lose half of your cookie :p

Ask a Question