Cooking or Recipe Apps?

Reaction score
I'm curious if people have found iPhone (or Android, I guess) apps that work for them. I used to have a small kitchen and didn't want to clutter it up with books, plus didn't really have the counter space to have the thing open anyway, so I downloaded a bunch of apps but none really blew me away.

There was a spinner one that was kind of fun because it let you select an ingredient and work up from there (useful if you're a lazy cook like me) but I ended up deleting a lot of the rest. Any suggestions as to others?

Reaction score
I have two recipe apps (for Android) - I've got Big Oven and Recipe Search. I think I've used them a couple of times, but mainly I just use them to look at the pictures and get inspiration. I find it's easier to find what I'm looking for just by doing a quick Google search on my phone.

Reaction score
I don't have a smartphone, just a normal feature phone.
My way of finding recipes without cluttering up my tiny kitchen is just to pin recipes to my Pinterest boards. If I had a hard copy of the 6,000 recipes I have pinned on Pinterest, my kitchen would be a cluttered mess.

Reaction score
I don't have a smartphone, just a normal feature phone.
My way of finding recipes without cluttering up my tiny kitchen is just to pin recipes to my Pinterest boards. If I had a hard copy of the 6,000 recipes I have pinned on Pinterest, my kitchen would be a cluttered mess.

My goodness, yes, Pinterest is a Godsend when it comes to recipes! I would say I use that more than any other - my baking board is huge. Although I can access my boards on my phone, one of these days I'm going to print out the best recipes from there and stash them away in a folder for safe-keeping (and for lack of internet access!). Of course, I'd need to do a trial run of everything I'd ever pinned to find out which recipes were the "best"...any excuse for more baking eh? ;)

Ask a Question