Cool Whip Cookies

Reaction score
These cookies are really simple to make and they don't have a lot of ingredients. I have made them for potlucks, holidays, work socials, and family. They always get a lot of compliments!

Cool Whip Cookies

2 eggs
8 oz container Cool Whip
1 box of cake mix any flavor
powdered sugar

Let Cool Whip soften.

Add eggs to Cool Whip and stir in the box of cake mix. The batter will be thick.

Place powdered sugar in a separate bowl.

Roll a spoonful of batter in the powered sugar and form it into a ball and place on cookie sheet.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bake cookies for about 10 to 12 minutes. Let them cool on the cookies sheet for a couple minutes and then put them on a cooling rack.

The recipe should yield about 2 dozen cookies.

That's it!

_________

I have made these with several flavors of cake mix. Lemon, devil's food, and confetti cake flavors came out really good. You can also experiment with the different flavors of Cool Whip such as vanilla and chocolate or even apply a light frosting if you wish. There are so many possibilities.

It's easy to keep the ingredients on hand for when you need to make something fast. (You can keep Cool Whip in the freezer.)

Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! They sound delicious and really easy to make! I'm saving this recipe because Cool Whip is a personal favorite of mine. I love that it's low calorie, which means that these cookies probably are too! Thanks once again!

Reaction score
You're welcome!

Let me know how it goes and what flavor you decide to go with. I think next time I am going to try the vanilla Cool Whip with a strawberry cake mix. I'm hoping for a strawberries and cream type flavor profile.

Reaction score
These sound so wonderful and the choices of cake mix are endless....As a matter of fact, I really want to make these but don't know what flavor to start with...lol.... I am also going to give this recipe to my daughter because she loves easy and cool whip:)

Reaction score
No way, I didn't know you could make cookies from Cool Whip.
That's really cool. I love easy recipes and I'm a fan of cake mix shortcuts.
I'm totally making these. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
This sounds so interesting. I will have to give this a try. I have never heard of using Cool Whip in this manner.

Reaction score
This sounds so yummy! I can't wait to try this. There are so many options for this recipe. Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Wow these sound great! Doesn't seem too hard. I will definitely have to try these. My Hubby loves cool whip! He can pretty much sit down on the couch with a tub of it and eat it straight out of the container. I love it too but not to that extreme! That would make me sick!!

Reaction score
I had no idea what cool whip was until i'd read this. But i'm presuming you could use any whipped cream other than this though? Sounds nice!

Reaction score
I've never actually used Cool Whip for anything, I might have to give these a shot.

Reaction score
I am going to use this recipe to bake with kids. This is so great you can bake cookies with so few ingredients. These have to be hard to mess up.

Reaction score
Wow! This recipe sounds so interesting and easy to do. I didn't know you could cook with cool whip. I shall try this now.

Reaction score
Those do sound delicious and I am going to try them out thanks! I have visions of rainbow chip cookies floating in my head right now!!

Reaction score
This sounds like a great recipe to try. I love cool whip, and it should add a real richness to the taste of the cookies. And it is just so simple to make. I will check out the cake mixes and see what looks good.
I love carrot cake, and also pumpkin pie with cool whip, so, maybe carrot cake made with cool whip would be somewhere close to that taste.

Reaction score
These cookies are really simple to make and they don't have a lot of ingredients. I have made them for potlucks, holidays, work socials, and family. They always get a lot of compliments!

Cool Whip Cookies

2 eggs
8 oz container Cool Whip
1 box of cake mix any flavor
powdered sugar

Let Cool Whip soften.

Add eggs to Cool Whip and stir in the box of cake mix. The batter will be thick.

Place powdered sugar in a separate bowl.

Roll a spoonful of batter in the powered sugar and form it into a ball and place on cookie sheet.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bake cookies for about 10 to 12 minutes. Let them cool on the cookies sheet for a couple minutes and then put them on a cooling rack.

The recipe should yield about 2 dozen cookies.

That's it!

_________

I have made these with several flavors of cake mix. Lemon, devil's food, and confetti cake flavors came out really good. You can also experiment with the different flavors of Cool Whip such as vanilla and chocolate or even apply a light frosting if you wish. There are so many possibilities.

It's easy to keep the ingredients on hand for when you need to make something fast. (You can keep Cool Whip in the freezer.)
Easy and sounds delicious! How do the cookies turn out? Are they flat? or do they remain more balled? Are they chewy or crispy?

Ask a Question