Cornbread Dressing

Reaction score
Okay, does anybody have a good recipe for cornbread dressing? I made beans and cornbread but have some leftover bread. I want to bake dressing with it, but I haven't made it in so long, I'm not sure of the best method. I usually bake bread dressing, but I want to use up the leftover cornbread, plus I think it would be tasty for stuffed pork chops. Thanks in advance for any tips or recipes you may wish to share.

Reaction score
Mmm, that does sound good for stuffed pork chops. I don't have a recipe, because I've never made cornbread dressing, but if no one comes up with one for you, try Taste of Home. What I like about the site is that they're all recipes that people have honed through the years, and so they're taste tested.

Reaction score
I didn't even know cornbread can have dressing...I've always just eaten it plain or with a little bit of butter. Has Google helped at all? What about America's Test Kitchen?

Reaction score
I just eat cornbread just the way it is and no dressing. And I had not experience making a cornbread dressing. Maybe there are recipes for this one in some cooking and baking websites that will be your reference and guide for this kind of dressing.

Reaction score
I'm going to try this recipe for the next cornbread stuffing I make,it looks pretty good

http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2008/12/ma-maws-country-cornbread-dressing.html

I have a smoker and have gotten elected to do a turkey this year,so I'm going to buy one and try a brine on it and I will try this recipe out for the stuffing too,,just to give them both a trail run before Turkey day gets here,just in case something goes wrong :)

Ask a Question