Corona Virus

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while. I trust everyone else is doing well, especially with corona virus (COVID-19) all around, all over the news.

It's my hope you guys are taking care of yourselves; all the necessary measures and changes you need to make to protect yourselves.

Please do take care of yourselves and may God be with YOU all. Greetings from GHANA.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while. I trust everyone else is doing well, especially with corona virus (COVID-19) all around, all over the news.

It's my hope you guys are taking care of yourselves; all the necessary measures and changes you need to make to protect yourselves.

Please do take care of yourselves and may God be with YOU all. Greetings from GHANA.

Akos,
Take care of yourself as well. We’re pretty much in what they are calling Social Distancing. All social events have been canceled. Some businesses have closed Schools have been closed. I’ve never seen the valley so empty. There was a run on the grocery stores yesterday. And everyone is staying at home through the weekend. Even my Buddhist temple has asked those of us in high risk categories to not attend temple for concern over our health

They’ve shut my niece’s school for the month. I will help my brother with childcare since he is a nurse and will be going to work at the hospital. They know they cannot stop the spread of the virus, but they hope to slow the spread so as not to overwhelm the hospitals. everyone feels stressed.
Be well.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hope you are all well too. We live in interesting times!

My neighbour's daughter had this last week (she is in her 20s and recovered at home without intervention), a friend is also a nurse and had her first suspected case today (on a phone consult, thankfully). Looks like in a month or so, the situation is going to look very different.

Social distancing sounds like like the best way we can slow this down, but it's yet to have come in to full force in the UK yet - but it's only a matter of days. Thank god for the internet!

Reaction score
It's amazing how fast everything is progressing - a couple months ago it was just some virus in China that no one (here) gave much thought to, a week ago we were told we could work from home if we felt more comfortable doing so, and by the end of last week we were told to WFH for the next few weeks at the very least, with no one allowed to go into the office even to pick up personal belongings.

The funny thing with spending all this time at home now is that I have so much more time for baking, but (outside of my family) don't have anyone to give it away to anymore since I can't bring it to the office now.

I hope everyone stays safe! It's a crazy situation as from everything I've heard from people who are more knowledgeable in the area, the situation's going to be getting much worse over the coming weeks here in North America.

Reaction score
Hope you are all well too. We live in interesting times!

My neighbour's daughter had this last week (she is in her 20s and recovered at home without intervention), a friend is also a nurse and had her first suspected case today (on a phone consult, thankfully). Looks like in a month or so, the situation is going to look very different.

Social distancing sounds like like the best way we can slow this down, but it's yet to have come in to full force in the UK yet - but it's only a matter of days. Thank god for the internet!

Been safe and take care.

Reaction score
It's amazing how fast everything is progressing - a couple months ago it was just some virus in China that no one (here) gave much thought to, a week ago we were told we could work from home if we felt more comfortable doing so, and by the end of last week we were told to WFH for the next few weeks at the very least, with no one allowed to go into the office even to pick up personal belongings.

The funny thing with spending all this time at home now is that I have so much more time for baking, but (outside of my family) don't have anyone to give it away to anymore since I can't bring it to the office now.

I hope everyone stays safe! It's a crazy situation as from everything I've heard from people who are more knowledgeable in the area, the situation's going to be getting much worse over the coming weeks here in North America.

Is it indeed. At the time I posted here, my country was safe, zero case. Now we have 7 cases imported from Norway (1), Turkey (1), U.S. (2), UK (1), Germany (1) and France (1).

Everyone is at risk. All schools from nurseries to universities, countrywide have been closed down. The government has put a lot of measures in place too. There's so much going on.

Let's all be safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am123

Latest Threads