Could you recreate an extreme cake?

Reaction score
These days it seems like cake baking and decorating has gone extreme. Just look at shows like Cake Boss and Food Network Challenges. I don't think I could ever do anything like they do, but would any of you be brave enough to try something like that?

Reaction score
Absolutely not. I don't bake for the sake of art. I just bake to make food for my daughter to eat. I don't care if the chocolate cake looks like Egyptian ruins, I'm just trying to make a cake for dessert on a weeknight.

Reaction score
I'm sure my mother could, given enough time. If any of us kids ever get married (not looking likely at this point!) she's volunteered to make the cake.

Reaction score
Nope, that wouldn't be for me. Although I like my baking to not only taste good but look good too, that type of competition or task is way over my head. I do envy the people who have the talent, though...

Reaction score
No way, although if I had the talent, I would try. I just don't have the patience though. Besides, I'd feel bad about eating something I'd crafted to that extreme - I prefer my baking to look homely and edible.

Reaction score
I'm a spectator only when it comes to extreme baking. I love to bake, but I'm more of a shape our bread like a catapillar for the kids sort of baker than a create an accurate representation of Oz sort of baker.

Reaction score
I do enjoy looking at all the artsy sugar creations we see now a days, but I would not ever be able to make such masterpieces myself. I would love to try but I am a beginner in so many ways and am just trying new things of a more medium difficulty range. My hat off to those master bakers!

Ask a Question