Creamiest mango pie ever!!!

Reaction score
I love over the counter pies that can can be bought at local fast food chains. They can be very satisfying if you are just craving for pie anytime of the day. One of which is the peach-mango pie that can be bought at Jollibee. I'm not sure where else it may be available, but here's a recipe that is as delicious as this pie I'm crazy about every lunch time.

Here we go!

PIE CRUST
BASIC RECIPE:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/4 cup iced water

1. sift flour with salt into a mixing bowl. have lard at room temperature, then measure and add to flour mixture. Blend with pastry blender or cut in flour with 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Use cold water. Measure and sprinkle over the flour mixture. With a table knife, press dough together. A few drops of water may be added if dough will not hold together.
3. Sprinkle flour lightly on board and rolling pin. Place the dough on the board and shape into ball with your hands.
4. Roll dough from center to edges, releasing pressure near the edge to keep thickness of the dough even. Roll in all directions to maintain perfect circle. The dough should be an inch larger than the pie pan.
5. Roll dough over the rolling pin then unroll over the pie plate. this will prevent the dough from breaking when transferring from the board to the pie plate. fit snugly on the pan.
**prick liberally with a fork. Bake.

FILLING:

1 3/4 cups evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup butter
3 pieces mangoes, fresh, sliced
1/4 cup cold water
2 tablespoons gelatin, unflavored
3 tablespoons sugar

**Blend and bring to a boil the milk and sugar. Suspend starch in water. Stir into milk mix over medium heat, stirring continusly until thickened. Add butter and blend until smooth. Remove from fire. Pour into prepared baked shell. Set aside. Prepare mangoes. Arrange on top of the prepared cream. Suspend gelatin in cold water. Add sugar. Heat until gelatin is dissolved and pour over pie. Chill until gelatin is set.

YeeeeY!!!! ready to serve!

Reaction score
Interesting...I might change the recipe around a little and tweak it, but I love the idea...when is it ever a bad time for pie? ;) And the peach mango sounds amazing =), thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
I love mangoes and there's always a ton of them on my neighbors' and relatives' trees. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I have many of these ingredients already so i might take a crack at making it this weekend.

Reaction score
I love mangoes and there's always a ton of them on my neighbors' and relatives' trees. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I have many of these ingredients already so i might take a crack at making it this weekend.
That's nice to know, we used to have a mango tree here at our backyard too. Just too bad that our neighbors decided to take it down because of a bad storm =( During summertime, my grandma and I used to pick up up all the ripe mangoes. Some of it we eat as it is and to make sure that nothing gets wasted she makes it into a jam. In which I'll try to get the recipe later on and share it here =) yey! Also , if you have unflavored biscuits, (like just the slated ones) that are store bought you can put all-purpose cream and condensed milk together( condensed milk is optional since mango is sweet enough) and have it whipped, then put the cream on top of the biscuit and the mango bits on top. heehee, we used to to this a lot too,.. I'll try to check if there are more recipes here at home that I can share and try.

Reaction score
Mango Pie OMG that sounds wonderful. Sadly good mangos are hard to get here. I rarely ever find two good mangos at the farmers market let alone three. I wonder how frozen mango would work in this pie?

Reaction score
Mango Pie OMG that sounds wonderful. Sadly good mangos are hard to get here. I rarely ever find two good mangos at the farmers market let alone three. I wonder how frozen mango would work in this pie?
Yep! Frozen mango will do good as well. Have you ever tried a frozen pie? I actually prefer to eat it cold than have it heated. Maybe you can do a little experiment and instead of putting whipped cream, try ice cream. It may sound as if you are doing a crepe but you would still have the crust for your pie.

Reaction score
Great recipe!!! I'll try it, minus the crust recipe, I have my own and like it a lot ;) Plus I think this pie would be better suited for a more crumbly crust, like for example a crust made with digestive biscuits or something like that.

Reaction score
I have to agree this does sound amazing. I have never tried mango pie before and can't help thinking with some tweaks here and there, (like I can't have dairy) that I may be able to come up with something that will work. :p

Reaction score
I love mangoes and I used to live before in a tropical country where I grew up until I migrated in another country. In my native country there are many mango trees and it is one of our country's native fruits. My grandparents had also many mango trees in their land and every harvest season we always had a supply of ripe mangoes coming from them. We always make Mango Refrigerated Cake, Mango Jam and Dried Mango Candy.. Thank you for sharing this Creamy Mango Pie recipe as an additional recipe for mangoes. And I am sure my family will also like this one. I will try making this when I go home in my native country for a vacation and I am already excited because its gonna be soon!! :)

Ask a Question