creative cupcake flavors

Reaction score
What are your favorite creative cupcake flavors? My mother in law just brought us some chocolate pumpkin spice cupcakes with orange frosting and I was not a fan. Any good recipes you would like to share?

Reaction score
I love the carrot ones with pecans! Those are fabulous, love to make my own cream cheese icing tho. Those are the only cup cakes I really like tho, not a big fan of cupcakes in general.

Reaction score
Not a fan of cupcakes, really? I like them much more than regular cakes because they are a nice portion size and you don't have to worry about cutting slices. They are great for birthday parties.

Reaction score
I love cupcakes, and I'm always up for trying new ones but I'm not sure what to qualify as weird/creative/etc. I've had a lot of coffee inspired ones that I like, including one that's loosely called a Caramel frappuccino one that was fantastic.

Reaction score
I am currently studying abroad and came across loads of ginger spice in the cupboards... And cinnamon, I am thinking about making ginger cakes with cinnamon frosting/glaze icing? If I give it a go I will share pics and let you know how they taste!

Reaction score
I've seen everything from banana cupcakes to rum cupcakes. I don't personally make really creative cupcakes. I just stick to German chocolate with coconut pecan frosting because that's what my daughter likes.

Reaction score
My husband made fresh kiwi from scratch cupcakes with fresh from scratch strawberry icing. Talk about delicious! it was absolutely amazing. We have people already asking about them and wanting to know if he will be making more this year.

Reaction score
My husband made fresh kiwi from scratch cupcakes with fresh from scratch strawberry icing. Talk about delicious! it was absolutely amazing. We have people already asking about them and wanting to know if he will be making more this year.

I don't know if I find strawberry kiwi to be really "out there" but it does sound fantastic. I'd love the recipe if he would be willing to part with it ;).

Reaction score
I don't really have a favorite but I had one at a local cupcake shop recently and it was SO good. It was a mix of lemon and vanilla and lavender I think, and it had lemon cream on top and topped with a piece of candied lemon. It was super fancy but soooo good!

Reaction score
Strawberry and kiwi cupcakes sound wonderful. I would call this unusual because I have never heard or seen this kind of cupcake before.

Ask a Question