Crinkles

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of crinkles before of have ever made them? They're one of my favorites but it seems like most people either haven't heard of them or even bake them.

Reaction score
I have never even heard of anything called Crinkles. Is there another name that they might be called by ? Can you describe what they are, and how to make them, and maybe it would ring a bell as to what they are ?
Is it some kind of a cookie or what ?

Reaction score
Do you mean the cookies where you roll them in powdered sugar before baking? They spread out in the oven, resulting in kind of a crinkled sugar pattern on top. Is that what you mean?

Reaction score
Yep, Chocolate Crinkles, very popular in the Philippines! I used to eat so much when I was in college, but have never actually made them.

Reaction score
I've had them and I love them also. I've never made them, but just found out a friend has the recipe and I intend to get it!

Reaction score
I have never heard of Crinkles before but they sound like a very interesting cookie to make! I really enjoyed your description Soliloquy, I could actually envision the cookies cooking in the oven.

Reaction score
Absolutely, I have heard of these wonderful cookies before. I have been making them for years now. The hardest part about these cookies is when waiting the three hours for them to chill before we can bake and eat them.

Reaction score
I've never heard of them, but based on Soliloquy's description they sound really interesting and unusual. I'm going to have to do a wee Google search to find out more!

Reaction score
I thought I was getting this recipe recently, as I baked with one of the kids I'm watching this summer. It's a bit different, though....not as dark chocolate, has some cinnamon in it and you cover it with granulated sugar rather than powdered. They are yummy, though, and have that lovely crinkled look when they come from the oven!

Ask a Question