Critique my chocolate bar recipe?

Reaction score
There's no chocolate section!! I hope you'll forgive me posting this here...

Hi Baking Forums. First post, whoop.

I've never made a chocolate bar before. I had the idea for this recipe the other day; I've never tried it, and have no clue what its consistency will be like, whether it will solidify, etc. So I'd really appreciate some critiquing and some tips before I go ahead and waste my ingredients.

Let's get to it.

Ingredients

(No measurements for now, I just want to know if it will work)

• 2 bars of dark chocolate, 70% cocoa
  • Stick of unsalted butter
  • Chocolate chip cookies
  • Walnuts
  • Bar of white chocolate
  • Caster sugar (think it's called superfine sugar in the US)

Recipe

1. Bring a saucepan with water to simmer. Put a glass bowl on the saucepan. Put in the 70% chocolate, then the butter, and melt together. Keep stirring.

2. Stir in caster/superfine sugar to sweeten.

3. When melted together, take the glass bowl off the saucepan and allow the chocolate to cool.

4. Begin melting the white chocolate in another glass bowl as in step 2. When melted, take off heat and cool for a few minutes.

5. Crumble up the chocolate chip cookies into small chunks, and chop up the walnuts, then stir into the cocoa and butter mix. This'll hopefully add some delicious crunch.

6. Pour the cocoa and butter chocolate & cookies mix into moulds (or molds if you're American).

7. Take the white chocolate and drizzle it all over the cocoa chocolate to make cool patterns when it solidifies.

8. Put the moulds in the fridge and allow to (hopefully??) solidify.

9. Voila, home made chocolate bar... I hope.
Would appreciate the advice!

Reaction score
I do think this would solidify in the fridge, the white chocolate contains a lot fat, so does the stick of butter. But the chocolate itself contains enough fat. If I were you i'd run a little test first, but I do think you can make this work :) I was just checking the other day a recipe for making chocolate bars with only 3 ingredients: http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/02/13/3-ingredient-chocolate-bars/ She used cocoa powder though.

Reaction score
I have never made any kind of bars. I honestly had a little fear of sorts that it won't go well so I could not give any advice. What I will do is support anything Trellum has to say as I trust her ability. Maybe the three ingredient I might try but they don't usually go well with me and I end up dumping in a few other things.

Ask a Question