Croissants

Reaction score
Croissants just baked, with butter, accompanying a hot cup of Latte, is the softest pastry I enjoy.

I have not come across a croissant that I did not eat. A weakness of mine.

What is your favorite Single Serve bread? Croissant, Biscuit, Hoagie, you name it.

Reaction score
Croissants are my favorite single serve as well. Followed by a close second of a nice biscuit...

I love freshly baked biscuits. I like the ones that are rough looking on top. Warm, butter, and a cup of coffee to accompany.

I also like the flaky ones that can be peeled a piece at a time.. I have not baked those, I cheat and buy from the fridge section..

Reaction score
Croissants are my favorite pastry. Fluffy on the inside and a lit bit crunchy on the outside. There are many places that sell them but it is really hard to find a good one.

Reaction score
Croissants are like if heaven came down to earth and was slapped on a plate and served to you. I absolutely love them and find myself eating one with every meal.

Reaction score
I've never had a real, fresh baked croissant (horror!! I know!) Any particular recipes you'd recommend?

Reaction score
I also love croissants. They are so fluffy and delicious. I've never tried baking my own croissants. However, if anybody out there has a recipe, I second the motion for sharing recipes. Thanks so much.

Reaction score
My bread of choice is baking soda biscuits. I grew up eating and making them. They're great with eggs, bacon and orange juice.

Baking Soda Biscuit Recipe

Ingredients
3/4 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
5 tablespoons shortening
3/4 teaspoon salt

Process
Step 1: Set oven to 450 degrees F

Step 2: Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Blend in shortening until small pieces form. Gradually add in milk, molding mix into a ball.

Step 3: Roll out ball on floured board to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out in desired size and dip in melted shortening. Put biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.

Step 4: Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

Baking%20Powder%20Biscuits.jpg

Reaction score
I'm bagel and cream cheese fan. I could eat any flavor any kind at any time. They are dangerously good.

Reaction score
For me they are best served warm and with homemade strawberry jam. And with a cup of fresh coffee. Utter bliss.

My avatar pic is of a batch of croissants i made just before christmas. They are one of my favourite things to bake along with sourdoughs, macarons and other pastry.

I have tried many recipes over the years and the recipe and approach I use everytime is on my blog at http://bakingfanatic.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/croissants-pains-au-chocolat-2/ but i am more than happy to copy and post the recipe in this post if I am not supposed to link

The recipe itself is towards the bottom of my link as there is a lot of my ramblings about the joy of a croissant and ways that work well and don't work well etc...

Reaction score
If there's anything that tops a well-made croissant, it's a croissant with chocolate. There's a little bakery near our house that sells warm, buttery croissants with chocolate in the middle. Serve it with a cup of black coffee and you're in heaven!

Ask a Question