Crumb Coffee Cake

Discussion in 'Cakes' started by Kalia, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Kalia

Kalia New Member

I made my topping for my crumb cake, sprinkled it on and realized I forgot to swirl/marble the filling. So my question is, do you have to "marble" the center or is that not a needed step? I'm making this for my Bf's Birthday and I really hope I didn't screw it all up >.<

Kalia, Oct 16, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Kalia

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think it's essential to swirl it, so I'm sure it will be just fine :) Let us know what he thinks of it!

Becky, Oct 16, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Kalia

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

I think the swirling is more an aesthetic thing rather than anything to affect the taste/consistency of the cake - so I also think you'll be fine. Hope it turned out for you!

cupcakechef, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Kalia

ReadmeByAmy Well-Known Member

Hmm...Crumb Coffee cake?... This is one of my favorite and I think it is just okay even if you will not swirl anymore the filling :)

ReadmeByAmy, Oct 17, 2015
  5. Kalia

Trellum Well-Known Member

Don't worry too much about it... I've always said this: if it looks fine and tastes fine, then what is the problem? ;) I'm sure your boyfriend won't even tell the difference, most men don't even care or notice.

Trellum, Oct 17, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question