Crumbcoating!!

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

I've just started crumb coating my cakes. I've been watching YouTube videos on certain techniques to have a perfect coat too! But I feel that I may not be doing it correct because after freezing my cake and applying frost I often see a few crumbs. Is this normal? Do you crumb coat too? What's your best technique?

Reaction score
I haven't done this is ages! Well, I tried it this summer, with a little boy I was watching....he wanted to make a decorate a cake, but I fear we had too moist a cake to start with (I can't believe I said that...you can't HAVE a cake that's too moist!) Back in the days when my kids were little, though, I dabbled a bit in cake decorating. Putting that layer of frosting "seal" on makes all the difference...especially if you want to use a white final coat. LOL....the poor guy I was working with this summer made the decision to make his overall coat black, because he didn't want the chocolate cake crumbs to show. I fear I failed miserably in helping him with a white coating. :(

Incidentally, (also laughing at myself) I saw "crumb coating" and got excited because I thought this was a thread about crumb TOPPINGS (I like putting them on top of my pies instead of a top crust) I know, I'm a goof!

Good luck with your cake making, Pearl_Rox. I've no doubt your creations will be more and more beautiful as you perfect your technique!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandryscik

Latest Threads