Crumbles and Cobbler Crust

Reaction score
Decoration might not be the exactly right forum for this topic, because these tend to be pretty chaotic and ugly...but they do add something extra that an ordinary pie crust just doesn't have--if not presentation-wise, then through flavor and texture.

A cherry crumble might have mahlab, an apple crumble might have nuts, cheese, or spices. Cobbler crusts might get away with simply flour and sugar and just enough butter to make the cobblestone crusts, but those can be spiced up or made nutty or cheesy just like a crumble crust.

What's your favorite way of making these?

Reaction score
I love to make the topping for crumbles with oatmeal, brown sugar, maybe some nuts and butter. Yum On cobblers I do a regular pie crust that is a little thicker than what you would use in a pie. And sprinkle it with sugar.

Reaction score
I make a coconut crumb topping for muffins and cobblers. I use unsweetened coconut, 1 part coconut flour to 3 parts oat flour. I add date palm or coconut sugar and butter or coconut oil.
It's especially good with apricots, cherries and lemony.
I think I love coconut.

Ask a Question