Cubed Steak - Trick?

Reaction score
Is there any kind of trick out there to make cubed steak tender? I just have never been able to make mine tender every time I make it. I know that this is possible for tenderness each and every time because restaurants can do it.
Please share any ideas.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Chicken fried steak is the best way to go and that is what I do with cube steak as well. I get thin cut meat and cook it for 5 minutes on each side. I then put the steaks in a 350 degree oven as I pull them out of the pan so they can cook the rest of the way in the oven.

Reaction score
I actually laughed when I read this ... my mom used to make cubed steak all of the time when we were little. I'm now 42 and honestly I just never heard of it since then !! You definitely brought back some memories there!!! As far as making it tender, I heard that if you soak it in milk and then eggs it's supposed to tenderize it. I haven't actually tried it, but I do see it on the internet when you look up tenderizing meat.

I would suggest also not over cooking... which I'm sure would ruin that type of meat. I'm famous for forgetting or not remembering the timer so I'm just sayin! :)

Good luck and if you find anything that works great pass it on !
Danyel :)

Ask a Question