Cultural cooking and baking anyone?

Reaction score
My husband's family is German and he has been bugging me a lot lately to make some German food for him, to include foods and baked goods. I have had to do a little research as I have never made authentic German food before. Have you tried to cook or bake foods that are authentic to other countries? Where did you find was the best place to locate recipes? I found that Food.com has different sections devoted to different countries.

Reaction score
I have tried Chinese dishes since my children and hubby enjoys it a lot; no need to worry you might find yourself having a blast in the kitchen as you'll be trying out new dishes...why not get the family involve...it could be more fun than you thought.

Reaction score
One major problem that I have with getting interested in re-creating food from another culture, is that I'm never really sure if I've got it right. I'm not usually around anyone who grew up with it, has tried several regional varieties of it, and can say I've got it spot-on.

And then there's that some of the characteristic ingredients are imported and expensive.

Ask a Question