Cupcake Storage

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what people use to store cupcakes? I usually end up with about three or four containers of them since stacking them ruins the design of the frosting on top. Is there a trick to stacking them so I can go down to one container?

Thanks!

Reaction score
How many cupcakes are you generally making at once? Snapware makes some specialized containers for cupcake storage which stack them. Here's a similar one from a different brand:

cuppy.jpg

Reaction score
I generally just use a really large tupperware box. The one which we have is like a plastic tray, then you just clip the top on top of it. I sometimes use a plate covered in clingfilm if I'm really struggling but I don't particularly like doing that as it squishes the icing, but it's better than stacking (marginally).

Reaction score
Oh I love the Snapware idea! I will have to look for that on Amazon. Normally I make a batch of twenty-four and bring them to a cookout or party. Thanks so much!

Reaction score
I love that container pictured above. But I usually use the long flat tuperware lidded tray and it fits about two dozen cupcakes in it. I found one at my local Walmart.

Reaction score
oh! I have never seen this.... this is great! Walmart you say? If I couldn't find it there sure could get it online. Who ever thought this up is a genius seriously.

Reaction score
Walmart has cupcake containers for multiple cupcakes, but they also have individual cupcake containers that hold a cupcake upright and have a domed top to protect the frosting. I guess the individual cupcake container is for school lunches or work lunches.

Reaction score
We use Tupperware containers. My mom had a great pie container that als worked well for putting cupcakes and muffins in because it wasn't much taller than cupcakes would be, so it didn't take up exces space.

Reaction score
I love the collapsible cupcake carrier and I will be getting one for myself. I had never thought about this before, but now that I do, it would certainly come in handy if I ever wanted to take some cupcakes to give someone and that would be a great way to carry them.

Reaction score
We have lots of plastic containers here with a good cover so when we have a party and have leftover cupcakes, it is not a problem because we have a ready storage. And if we run out of plastic containers, we just place the cupcakes on the table and cover them with plastic strainers to keep away potential intruders like insects and lizards (the lizards in our house are scavengers, they would eat anything). But let me tell you that the best storage for cupcake is the stomach.

Reaction score
I have a few different plastic storage containers. Amazon has been my friend in that regard (I do WAY too much shopping on there!) and it's easy to find any kind of storage you're after - just search for cupcake carrier and you'll find a bunch, and hopefully something that fits what you're needing :)

Ask a Question