Cupcake Wars

Reaction score
Does anyone watch this show? I love seeing how creative they all are within such a short amount of time. Some of the cupcakes are made with the oddest items though such as bacon, etc.

Reaction score
Does anyone watch this show? I love seeing how creative they all are within such a short amount of time. Some of the cupcakes are made with the oddest items though such as bacon, etc.

I don't think bacon is a weird ingredient anymore because it's become popular to use bacon in candy bars, cookies and sundaes.
I think Sweet Genius has crazier ingredients.

Reaction score
I accidentally made bacon cookies the one time and my other half loved them. I say accidently, because I icked up the baking tray from the draining board. I thought that the other half had washed it after cooking bacon that morning. He had just put it on the side and hadn't cleaned it. The fat went into the cookies and gave it a flavour which wasn't too bad lol

Reaction score
I accidentally made bacon cookies the one time and my other half loved them. I say accidently, because I icked up the baking tray from the draining board. I thought that the other half had washed it after cooking bacon that morning. He had just put it on the side and hadn't cleaned it. The fat went into the cookies and gave it a flavour which wasn't too bad lol

In a weird way, that sounds kind of good. Maybe the next time I make bacon in the oven, I'll see what happens if I use the pan to bake something else.

Reaction score
In a weird way, that sounds kind of good. Maybe the next time I make bacon in the oven, I'll see what happens if I use the pan to bake something else.
Give it a go. They were really nice. I better make some again,The other half has seen what I just typed up and gone mmmmm

Reaction score
Did anyone see the episode of Two Broke Girls where Max and Caroline went on Cupcake Wars and had to work with soul food ingredients? It's funny how spectacularly they failed.

Reaction score
I don't think bacon is a weird ingredient anymore because it's become popular to use bacon in candy bars, cookies and sundaes.
I think Sweet Genius has crazier ingredients.

I was really surprised to see an interview with the host of Sweet Genius - he was nothing like how he appears on the show. For starters he grew in his beard a bit, and was all smiling and joking around. I guess he used to do ballet as well in the past. But he was really light hearted and goofing around - nothing like the uber pretentious desert nazi he acts like on the show, lol.

Reaction score
I have watched this show, it is really cool to see the creativity of some of the bakers. I have even seen a few bakers make savory cupcakes. It annoys me when they give contestant ingredients that no one could make work in a cupcake ,and then they tell them how badly they did.

Reaction score
l've never seen this show here in the UK but if it were on over here l would watch it, l love seeing creative programs like this and l'm sure l would have gotten some good ideas.

Ask a Question