Cut-Out Sugar Cookie Recipe Needed

Reaction score
So every year in the late fall i begin my Holiday baking. I make hundreds of cookies that i share with family and friends and one cookie i like to make is a sugar cookie cut out. I have tried many recipes over the years and i only made them work once perfectly. The last time i tried to make them something was wrong with the dough. It wouldn't hold together right.
I was wondering if anyone has a fool proof sugar cookie cut out recipe they could share with me.
Thank you so much!
-Angie

Reaction score
So every year in the late fall i begin my Holiday baking. I make hundreds of cookies that i share with family and friends and one cookie i like to make is a sugar cookie cut out. I have tried many recipes over the years and i only made them work once perfectly. The last time i tried to make them something was wrong with the dough. It wouldn't hold together right.
I was wondering if anyone has a fool proof sugar cookie cut out recipe they could share with me.
Thank you so much!
-Angie

Hey @Angie CupcakeQueen, I don’t bake a lot of sugar cookies, but my sister hosts a sugar cookie decorating party every holiday. She uses Julia Usher’s cookie dough recipe. I’m not a fan of volume measurement, but I will say the cookies my sister bakes for her party are always well shaped with good edges. I cannot speak to taste since I’m gluten free, so I just decorate the cookies. Hope this helps.

Julia’s sugar cookie dough

https://www.juliausher.com/document..._Cookies_and_Royal_Icing_by_Julia_M_Usher.pdf

Julia’s gingerbread cookie dough (what she uses for her 3D cookies)

Julia’s website

https://cookieconnection.juliausher.com

Julia’s videos on the basics of cookie decorating

Ask a Question