Cycle lengths

Reaction score
Hi. I love fresh baked and I’m new to bread machines! The manual for my B2300 model is sadly very basic. Anyone know the lengths of each of the cycles for a 2lb loaf of bread?
How long is the 1st mix?
How long is the 1st rise?
How one is the 2nd mix/knead cycle?
How long is the 2nd rise cycle?
How long is the bake cycle?
And- why does it take 15 minutes for the machine to start?....by then the warm water needed for the yeast is cold ;(

Any help is gratefully appreciated!

Reaction score
The delay at the start is the knowable - it's probably the machine turning on to warm the ingredients. Whether this is sufficient to re-heat everything is arguable.
The rest of the cycle, if it's not shown in the user manual (and even the most expensive machines often don't give a detailed breakdown), and you'd like to find out, you'll need to sit by the machine with a clock.
I think bread machines are wonderful and I make all my sandwich bread that way.
I used to have two identical machines - one for mixing small quantities of dough - very gentle and it builds the gluten fibres in a consistent way - and second machine for my sandwich bread.
These days, I sometimes use the bread machine with a carefully-selected bread tin and a small cooking ring over the spindle to lift the pan off the base. I use this for baking test loaves on jam cycle. Otherwise it's used to make my day-to-day bread.
Good baking!

Ask a Question