Date Bar / Date Filled cookies

Reaction score
Hi, I am having difficulty in perfecting one of my products Date Bar and appreciate your help with the recipe.

I'm starting a new venture and Date Bar aka Date Filled cookies is one of my products. The problem is that recently I made few sample batches by changing the Ingridients brand and temperature yet my date bars get very soft and sometimes soggy within just few days.

My expected shelf life for this product is 2 months and I also be using a preservative (Potassium sorbate).

My recipe contains: (no egg no diary) for the dough crust -- All purpose flour, Margerin, Caster Sugar, Baking powder, Salt. For the filling-- Chopped dates cooked in low heat with little water, sugar and vanilla to make a smooth paste

Could you please advise what should I do or a recipe for a perfect Date bar that can be kept crunchy for up to 2 months. Thanks alot

Ask a Question