Decorate using utensils!

Reaction score
In one of my sister's cookbooks, there was a section on cake decorating. It said you could use utensils from your kitchen to make designs on cakes. I thought, really? How?!
You can draw lines and squiggles using forks! You make swirls or circles with spoons! I had never thought of this before! How simple and easy to do using items you already have in your kitchen! I just had to share this!
Are there other items you use to decorate your cakes that are out of the ordinary? Have you ever used a kitchen utensil to decorate a cake?

Attachments

• 86613458a9b24a54037f0eaff4401345.jpg
    86613458a9b24a54037f0eaff4401345.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 525
Reaction score
Excellent idea! I've got another one to add to that - using a serrated knife to put perfectly horizontal stripes around the edge of a cake.

Reaction score
Excellent idea! I've got another one to add to that - using a serrated knife to put perfectly horizontal stripes around the edge of a cake.
That is a great idea! I love stripes! That would be a terrific and easy way to decorate a cake! Thank you for the advice! :)

Reaction score
The main utensil I have used to add designs to a cake (or cupcake) is a fork. It's easy to manipulate and the tongs make great ridges. As far as spoons and knives, I have used them only for traditional purposes.

Ask a Question