Dense & Chewy Cookies?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’ve been trying and trying to recreate a type of cookie, that out local coffee shop makes …but just can’t seem to figure out how to get it right!!!

Their cookies are always very flat, not pouffy at all. They are sort of flat and dense. It almost seem like there’s no air pockets. When you bite into them they’re chewy in the center. The outsides are slightly crisp but the inside is chewy. It’s not a hard cookie at all! Not like a hard store bought cookie that crumbs all over the place when you bite into it. But rather a flat, dense chewy cookie.

Does anybody know the type of cookie that I’m describing and knows how to make it?

Thanks so much :)
Katharina

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’ve been trying and trying to recreate a type of cookie, that out local coffee shop makes …but just can’t seem to figure out how to get it right!!!

Their cookies are always very flat, not pouffy at all. They are sort of flat and dense. It almost seem like there’s no air pockets. When you bite into them they’re chewy in the center. The outsides are slightly crisp but the inside is chewy. It’s not a hard cookie at all! Not like a hard store bought cookie that crumbs all over the place when you bite into it. But rather a flat, dense chewy cookie.

Does anybody know the type of cookie that I’m describing and knows how to make it?

Thanks so much :)
Katharina
There are hundreds of cookies. It could be anything. Simply ask shop employees what it is.

Reaction score
Slam the pan when they are half baked. It's a thing on youtube now. I bake 2.5oz chocolate chip cookies at 375F for 9 minutes (no fan), then take them out and slam the pan on the top of the stove or counter to deflate them a little, then back in the oven for 5 more minutes.

I think the secret is the size, so they get crispy on the outside but more dense inside. I have pics on my facebook page somewhere, let me look...Nope, I put one on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/johnnypizzut/

Reaction score
Slam the pan when they are half baked. It's a thing on youtube now. I bake 2.5oz chocolate chip cookies at 375F for 9 minutes (no fan), then take them out and slam the pan on the top of the stove or counter to deflate them a little, then back in the oven for 5 more minutes.

I think the secret is the size, so they get crispy on the outside but more dense inside. I have pics on my facebook page somewhere, let me look...Nope, I put one on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/johnnypizzut/
That’s such a great tip! Thanks so much I’ll be sure to try the out.

Reaction score
I use 6oz of the Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet (gold bag) and 5oz 60% Cacao Bittersweet (brown bag). That's half a bag each. I don't think the ones in the brown bag are wax coated. The chocolate runs a bit when you slam the pan, so it gets gooey. :)

Ask a Question