Deserts using coconut?

Reaction score
Recently I learned the health benefits of eating coconut with it helping to boost your immune system among a host of other things, and I thought it just tasted great lol:) What are some easy coconut desert recipes?

Reaction score
I love coconut, i did't know it was good for the immune system! Know i have a good reason to use some more coconut:p

Reaction score
I love fresh coconut macaroons! Not sure if they qualify as a dessert though, probably more of a tasty snack. We get Christmas markets in the city centre here in Manchester (UK) and they sell them fresh and hot! Absolutely delicious :)

Reaction score
A few months ago my sister made some coconut lime macaroons that were truly delicious. I couldn't stop eating them! I'll post the recipe if anyone's interested.

I'd suggest coconut cream pie, but if you're after coconut desserts for the health benefits I'd think you really want something with a high ratio of coconut to other, less healthy ingredients.

Reaction score
A few months ago my sister made some coconut lime macaroons that were truly delicious. I couldn't stop eating them! I'll post the recipe if anyone's interested.

I'd suggest coconut cream pie, but if you're after coconut desserts for the health benefits I'd think you really want something with a high ratio of coconut to other, less healthy ingredients.
Please share the recipe i would love to make that for my family it realy sounds delicious!!

Reaction score
Coconut Mochi cake, and Coconut panna cotta. I use the epicurious recipe for coconut mochi cake - http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sweet-Rice-Flour-and-Coconut-Cake-232024

and for the coconut panna cotta, I follow Scott Conant's recipe, from NYC - http://foodspring.com/content/coconut-panna-cotta/

I don't use guava puree though, but you can easily use mango, diced up or pureed as a sauce, or fresh or roasted pineapple. I imagine it would be good with tangerines as well, or candied kumquats.
I also add the zest of 2 limes.

Reaction score
Not exactly coconut per say but rather coconut milk but I absolutely love Kueh Lapis. I grew up in Singapore and that was my favourite dessert ever. My friend's mother used to make it frequently so I was always a fixture at her house..haha...but here's the recipe if you are interested. It's a great way to keep kids occupied too, peeling layer after layer of the kueh lapis.

http://honestcooking.com/steamed-layer-cake-snack-recipe/

Reaction score
Here's a super simple recipe for coconut macaroons:

1 (14-ounce) bag sweetened shredded coconut
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the coconut and the condensed milk until the coconut is evenly coated.
  3. Place mounds of the mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet. For uniformly round macaroons, I like to press the mixture into my round tablespoon measuring spoon and slightly overfill it. The mixture will be sticky so you will have to work it out with your fingers and pat it gently into an evenly-shaped mound. (You may coat the spoon with oil or butter, but it eventually wears off. So, either re-coat or resort to your clean fingers!)
  4. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until flecked with brown spots and crisp around the edges. As all ovens vary a bit, peek a little early and watch closely for the last few minutes until you learn how long this takes in your oven.
  5. Remove from the oven, cool, and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to maintain optimal freshness.

Ask a Question