Tips for Baking a Champagne Strawberry Cake

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and hope to gain loads of tips from it. I've been asked to bake a champagne and Strawberry cake. I had a trial run last nt and it went so very wrong the cake itself was not cooked on the inside and the bottom but around the edges were. Do u think I should infuse the cake with champagne after it is baked or have u any tips. (The strawberries were soaked in champagne over nt then added 2 a basic vanilla sponge cake recipe)
Thank u in advance x

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Which recipe did you use? If you can share it here then that would be useful.

If I were you I'd do a basic vanilla sponge cake, and make a champagne syrup to drizzle it with when baked. Decorate with glazed strawberries and champagne syrup - delicious :)

Reaction score
From the photos that cake looks very heavy and dense, so no wonder you've had problems getting it baked properly. I'd find a different recipe if I were you ;)

Reaction score
Strawberries are going to make the cake a lot more "wet", so the baking time is going to have to change. I find, for my strawberry cakes, if I lower the temp a bit and bake them longer, they turn out just right.

You can always make a simple syrup and add champagne to it. Or, you can soak your cakes in the champagne if you want.

One bakery I used to work at, a Pink Champagne cake was one of our sellers. Although the cake wasn't made with champagne, but the French Buttercream was. It tasted good, but I don't care for French Buttercream.

To help out on the cake though........try cutting up your berries as small as you can (I puree mine) and place them on some thick paper towels. Pat them dry as you can. The moisture you get out of the berries, the less "wet" your cake will be. Berries are 99% water, so you can try to "dry" the berries before adding to the batter or bake the cake a little longer on a lower heat.

Ask a Question