Desserts I'd never eat

Reaction score
Hey all! I love desserts, the more sinful the better, but there are things not even I would eat! This thread is about those desserts not even I would eat. Please feel free to share your own as well!

15c3a1ec5f9e13eee2a3c2e3bf954b8b.jpg

226c221dd74022e6bac10cb49bf2a49e.jpg

abe40a952ad9937b0fdf011c9648464e.jpg

1938169989b20bf1c36c2678033a6793.jpg

27e898210426bc46562d32534f4c8b06.jpg

I think there is a common theme here: over processed ingredients over processed ingredients forming a sugar bomb.

Reaction score
Those look like horrible desserts, like a paint can threw up or something. The one dessert I will never touch is Asian cheesecake. I had it once at an Asian bakery and it was made from Velvet or American cheese. It tasted so gross!

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sweets, but those things just look too much! In fact I'm kind of feeling queasy just looking at all that sugar!

You're right - just a bunch of over-processed ingredients all slapped together to just make a giant pile of artificial sugar sickly-sweet sludge!

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sweets, but those things just look too much! In fact I'm kind of feeling queasy just looking at all that sugar!

You're right - just a bunch of over-processed ingredients all slapped together to just make a giant pile of artificial sugar sickly-sweet sludge!

Lol, yes!!! You got me perfectly!!! I can't believe some people love those!!!! I found them on Pinterest, apparently there are a lot people who consider those desserts and like to prepare them for them and their children. I'm kinda addicted to sugar (I admit it), but those desserts make me cringe!! No way I'd ever eat that, and I have eaten pretty sinful things, like for example triple chocolate oreo crusted cheesecakes... but those ''desserts'' look more like junk on a plate.

Reaction score
Lol, yes!!! You got me perfectly!!! I can't believe some people love those!!!! I found them on Pinterest, apparently there are a lot people who consider those desserts and like to prepare them for them and their children. I'm kinda addicted to sugar (I admit it), but those desserts make me cringe!! No way I'd ever eat that, and I have eaten pretty sinful things, like for example triple chocolate oreo crusted cheesecakes... but those ''desserts'' look more like junk on a plate.

I bet the children picked out all the ingredients. Like literally ran to the kitchen cupboards and said "Mom, I think cereal and pretzels and chocolate and cookies and M&M's and marshmallows should all be melted and crushed and stuck together to make one giant blob and then I'll eat it and it will be the BEST THING EVER!!!!"

Seriously, I probably would have done that when I was 5 - but any older than that I think I would have hit a sugar coma from a bite or two!!

Reaction score
@cupcakechef Lol, yeah!!!!! Now you do mention it it does make sense, lol, specially if you put it that way! So hard to believe adult people are eating that, ugh. It does sound like something I'd have put together when I was 8 :p I can't believe someone added it to Pinterest. Oh well, I guess there are some people out there who like their sugar coma served with some pretzels and M&Ms, lol.

Reaction score
Geez, I actually love Lucky Charms, but everything in moderation. I also feel queasy looking at those pictures. I've found that less is definitely more as I get older. I'll still lick the buttercream (or pretty much any other) frosting bowl when I make a cake, but I will have to wait after that, before I actually eat a piece of the cake now. I think perhaps those appeal to children and young adults, but probably not to anyone middle-aged or older.

Reaction score
I just can't imagined how other people can eat that kind if very rich desserts in everything...rich in sugar...rich in fats...wow!! Maybe if I will be the one who will eat this kind if desserts I will probably get sick and I will not eat this.

Reaction score
Just going to say, I wouldn't eat much dessert at all due to my teeth, but dear lord.. looking at all this stuff

MY mouth hurts. And they're just pictures! You can tell how sickeningly sweet it is already. LOL. And like was mentioned, it's like a Paint Can threw up.

Reaction score
11357319_1449715065348774_1117720173_n.jpg

Okay, don't get me wrong I adore pancakes and I adore Nutella. But I saw these pancakes with Nutella and chocolate cotton candy and I just thought the cotton candy looked like scraps off an old fella's wig :eek::eek::eek:

Reaction score
It really does look like old wig dropped on a ..well, let's just say I wouldn't use a flattering term for those Nutella (ugh) covered pancakes.

Bad, bad experiences with Nutella here.

Reaction score
It really does look like old wig dropped on a ..well, let's just say I wouldn't use a flattering term for those Nutella (ugh) covered pancakes.

Bad, bad experiences with Nutella here.

I'm curious about these bad Nutella experiences - I thought Nutella was like the universal peacemaker of foods, the thing that everyone loves! Glad you agree though about the old wig look, and that I wasn't just delusional!

Reaction score
One time we had a nasty jar of it, and everyone got sick off of it. One time, people used too much in a dish and ruined it. Another time, I just had a bad reaction to it. May have been allergic in hindsight, but I don't think so - never got hurt off eating it before. Just a bad reaction.

And that, it was overkilled in my household growing up as a child as well.

Reaction score
Cupcakechef, now yours takes the cake!! What on earth is that one? It looks like a part of a weave dropped on the top of whatever else is under there. No, it looks like some hair the vet just cut from one of my pets.

Trellum at least with yours we can pick out some of the goodies- with Cupcake's we have to push or pull back the hair.:)

Reaction score
Cupcakechef, now yours takes the cake!! What on earth is that one? It looks like a part of a weave dropped on the top of whatever else is under there. No, it looks like some hair the vet just cut from one of my pets.

Trellum at least with yours we can pick out some of the goodies- with Cupcake's we have to push or pull back the hair.:)

It's meant to be chocolate cotton candy! But it just looks all kinds of wrong, don't you think?! The color to me looks grey (not sure if it's my monitor playing tricks on me or if it's really that bad!) but that's what made me think it looks like hair!

The actual thing is SOLD at cafes! That's how I found out about it. A friend posted on instagram about it a few months ago, and I had to google to try and find it again. Apparently it's actually pretty popular which totally astounds me...I thought we eat with our eyes!!

Reaction score
It's meant to be chocolate cotton candy! But it just looks all kinds of wrong, don't you think?! The color to me looks grey (not sure if it's my monitor playing tricks on me or if it's really that bad!) but that's what made me think it looks like hair!

The actual thing is SOLD at cafes! That's how I found out about it. A friend posted on instagram about it a few months ago, and I had to google to try and find it again. Apparently it's actually pretty popular which totally astounds me...I thought we eat with our eyes!!

I looked at it again and you are right, it does look like grey hair. You are also so right about eating with your eyes. I sure do. That is why I never touch certain dishes. I know looks can be deceiving but my stomach does not respond well if I consume something that turns me off just seeing it.

Reaction score
My Lord!! All of that sugar,, it looks like a tummy ache just waiting to happen. Or a whirlwind of sugar induced hyper activity. I am not much of a sweet eater, especialy now that I am diabetic. Plus I have an autistic grandson and there is no way I would let him eat any of that. Thankfully he likes apples, oranges, and bananas more that sweet stuff like that.

Reaction score
Man, every time I look at this thread I'm reminded of deserts that make my mouth hurt. Just had to post this one:

photo-1.jpg

Yeah. It doesn't even really LOOK that good, just sugar piled on sugar that's been left out. My mouth hurts just looking at it!

Reaction score
What is that supposed to be @Shamus? Lol, for reals, what kind of cake is that supposed to be? It looks gross, with all those layers, but not sure how gross it really is without a proper description of the ingredients used :p Looks like a ton of sugar though.

Reaction score
Hey all! I love desserts, the more sinful the better, but there are things not even I would eat! This thread is about those desserts not even I would eat. Please feel free to share your own as well!

15c3a1ec5f9e13eee2a3c2e3bf954b8b.jpg

226c221dd74022e6bac10cb49bf2a49e.jpg

abe40a952ad9937b0fdf011c9648464e.jpg

1938169989b20bf1c36c2678033a6793.jpg

27e898210426bc46562d32534f4c8b06.jpg

I think there is a common theme here: over processed ingredients over processed ingredients forming a sugar bomb.

I think my diabetes just got diabetes, by looking at all that colored sugar!!!!

Ask a Question