Destructive Weather Survivors?

Reaction score
Hello!

Seems this year has been a pretty dangerous year for Mother Natures temper-tantrums!
Several catastrophic hurricanes, major heavy storms with tons of flooding, wildfires......

If you are in, or have been, in any of these areas that were hit....are you ok?
Did you survive it?
How are things going for you?

Is getting back to "normal" even an option anymore?

170909091516-01-hurricane-satellite-0908-1545-utc-large-169.jpg

Reaction score
Thankfully, things feel much more normal here in Orlando a month after Hurricane Irma. I only lost power for 2 1/2 days, though it was disappointing to have to throw out scratch-made potstickers I'd made only two weeks before. Some friends were without power for 7-10 days in more outlying areas or with more difficult localized damage. The outside damage and debris are what took the longest to go away. This is black-and-white because I'd converted it. Along the public golf course opposite my building.
2017-10-18 18.39.07.jpg
Lots of big trees and branches down, fence segments sitting curbside waiting to be picked up. The city said that the amount of debris to pick up was about 4 1/2 years' worth of normal refuse. So, you'd see individual neighborhoods cheering when "the claw" finally got to their streets.

Ask a Question