Did anyone have a doll dress cake as a child?

Reaction score
I hadn't thought about it for years, but recently I came across a picture of a cake someone made in the shape of a doll's dress, with the doll torso on top, and was reminded of how I'd seen a similar image in the Wilton yearbook as a child and always wanted one.

4hldjxW.jpg

Reaction score
Like you, I always wanted one but never got one and had forgotten about it until now. It looks like it would be fun to bake though - I'd have great fun designing the dress - so hopefully I will have a daughter who is into dolls someday and I can have myself some doll-cake fun. :p

Reaction score
I always wanted one too but my mother never even baked cookies so I knew it was a dream that would never come true...lol....I never did attempt to make one for my daughter and the reason for that is, she never asked. Maybe one day I will have a granddaughter and I will attempt it.

Reaction score
My daughter is 15 but she still likes to indulge in kid things sometimes, as do I. So we'll probably make a doll dress cake at some point just for fun.
We both like dolls but I would probably buy a cheapo doll to do this.
I'm not taking apart my limited edition Hello Kitty Barbie.

Reaction score
You know what they say; it's never too late to have a second childhood.

Wilton used to sell doll torso picks that were sized to match their doll dress cake pans... I don't know if they still do, but it seems a better idea than trying to balance a doll torso on top of a cake.

Reaction score
Stop it! YES! I had one many times back in the 1970s! They are making a comeback for sure! Mine had a real doll in it; now they sell just the top of the doll and her bottom is a stick. Disappointing!

Reaction score
Oh I absolutely loved those doll dress cakes as a little girl. I had several in the 1970s for my birthday. I had forgotten all about them. I want one again just to indulge and remember happy childhood memories. I might even get brave enough to tackle making one myself.

Reaction score
This is really cute! I have never seen or heard of such a cake.As a child, I would have enjoyed this, yet any cake would have done for me lol

Reaction score
I had a doll dress cake as a kid. This picture brought back so many memories. It was my first birthday cake. My parents surprised me with the doll dress cake. I loved dolls and Barbie dolls. The cake was so pretty and delicious.

Reaction score
I never had one of those as a child. they kid of creeped me out because the idea of eating Barbie was very strange to me. Now I think they are really cute, I have seen little mini cupcakes made with skipper or other small dolls I love this idea because evrey little girls gets her own small doll to take home.

Reaction score
I never had ones but for sure wanted one!! Hopefully I'll have a daughter someday so she can have one!

Reaction score
Stop it! YES! I had one many times back in the 1970s! They are making a comeback for sure! Mine had a real doll in it; now they sell just the top of the doll and her bottom is a stick. Disappointing!

I never had one myself, but I made one for my daughter once. It wasn't quite as pretty as the one in the picture. I also didn't know about the doll picks, so I used a real Barbie. I stuck her in after baking the cake (in a round, metal mixing bowl) and then decorated. They also have pans for this now as well. I was obviously winging it, but hey, it worked. Plus, she got a new Barbie along with her special cake.

Reaction score
Yes, I had one but mine was a fairy rather than a Barbie.
I think I still have a photo of it somewhere, but it was white and blue and covered in my favourite flowers made of icing.

Ask a Question