Did you have a good 4th?

Reaction score
This was the first year since our kids were little that we didn't shoot off fireworks! :0
We did watch the ones our town does every year - we can see them from our house
so we don't have to fight the traffic! Lol!

We had steaks, corn on the cob, roasted baby potatoes and homemade cinnamon ice cream!! Yum! :)

What did you all do?

Reaction score
My grandson who is 7 yrs old and I had a great 4th. I filled up his blow up pool and he got to play in the water for a long time. I also did pork roast on the grill which he gobbled up, sweet potato salad, and a macaroni salad that a girlfriend made and shared with us. My daughter was in the hospital (has been in since Thursday morning with an inflamed pancreas) and we are hoping she will be home Monday. She has to keep solid food down for 24 hrs, and she got her first solid food at dinner tonight. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Reaction score
I had the most amazing 4th! I went to this convention with friends and then we went to see a fireworks show and have ice cream! It was fun cosplaying and seeing all the things there was to see. It was my first convention and I won't forget it anytime soon.

Reaction score
Evelyn - so sorry to hear your daughter is sick. :( I hope she was able to come home and that she is doing better! That has to be hard!!! I'm glad you got to spend time with your grandson. I love that age! :)

VTEC - sounds fun! What is cosplaying? I think I've heard of it but not sure what it is! :)

Fireworks are my favorite part!!! :)

Reaction score
Ours was great as well; there were at least 50 people at the BBQ and just about everyone pitched in for fireworks. My favorite part is trying all the different foods that everyone brings. The food was amazing...and an unknown person made little bite size cherry pies!

Reaction score
Tina- wow! You had quite a large group! It is fun to try food others bring!
I also like to go to other people's houses for get togethers to get a break from cooking! Lol :)

Right now it is so hot here that I'm trying to grill or use my crockpot for everything!

We went from rain to 90's almost overnight!! :p I prefer 70's and low 80's. :)

Ask a Question