Discounted French Bread

Reaction score
Many times when I am at the grocery store, I see big loaves of french bread on clearance or marked down significantly. You can usually buy it for super cheap! They have such great deals on it! It made me wonder, what are some good recipes or ideas I could do with the bread? Obviously make sandwiches, perhaps a nice toasted garlic bread? What suggestions do you have?

Reaction score
French bread is great for bread pudding. Just make sure you toast the cut up cubes of bread first to avoid "mushy" pudding.
Also a great use of not so fresh bread is toast, croutons for soup or panzanella salad.

Reaction score
French bread is great for bread pudding. Just make sure you toast the cut up cubes of bread first to avoid "mushy" pudding.
Also a great use of not so fresh bread is toast, croutons for soup or panzanella salad.
Great suggestions! Thank you! I hadn't thought about bread pudding! I haven't had that in a long time! I will have to get out the old recipe book and find my recipe!
I love it when I find a good sale on food. It's just figuring out what I'm going to do with it is the problem...haha. The bread was so cheap, I just couldn't pass it up! Were talking just pocket change for loaves of french bread!
Thanks for the suggestions! If anyone needs me, I'll be in the kitchen looking for my bread pudding recipe! :)

Ask a Question