DIY whipped cream ideas?

Reaction score
I've heard that keeping the cream in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before whipping it makes the cream really light and fluffy. Have any of you tried it? Also what do you add to the cream? I've included vanilla essence a couple of times and it turned out tasting really good!

Reaction score
We make a nutmeg whipped cream to go with pumpkin waffles... hmm, thanks for the reminder that it's time to make it!

Reaction score
I have not tried freezing my whipped cream.
I have added italian liqueur to the whipping cream before to give it a little kick! I tried mint extract one time, it was actually pretty tasty

Reaction score
I hadn't considered any additives. I think the mint would be very nice. Has anyone tried a pumpkin spice for the whipped cream on a pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie? This has given me some ideas. :)

Reaction score
I hadn't considered any additives. I think the mint would be very nice. Has anyone tried a pumpkin spice for the whipped cream on a pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie? This has given me some ideas. :)

hmmmm... pumpkin spice sounds good. I wonder if an extract would be better than the dried spices. Might be too gritty once whipped? Amazon sells pumpkin extract.... I feel a need to experiment again LOL

Reaction score
oh, one additive suggestion to whipped cream is grated orange (or other citrus) peels! those flakes give a really lovely speck of color to the cream, and it tastes great!

Reaction score
oh, one additive suggestion to whipped cream is grated orange (or other citrus) peels! those flakes give a really lovely speck of color to the cream, and it tastes great!

I recently tried orange peels in the whipped cream, and yup, it was really delicious! It gives a nice citrus tangy taste.. In fact I've been experimenting with whipped creams for the past month, it's really fun, as long as the ingredients aren't too outrageous! I haven't tried pumpkin spice yet....I think I might the next time I bake. :)

Reaction score
Pumpkin spice does sound good in whipped cream. I'll try it with my coffee. I haven't tried citrus peel yet. I use fresh mint as a garnish. I make my whipped cream with heavy cream, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract. I will experiment more with whipped cream. I love to put it on every dessert.

Reaction score
Yes! I do freeze my whipped cream! I think it really helps the whip cream come out fluffy! I think it makes it much lighter as well. I also like to add a touch of cinnamon sprinkled on top, or occassionally cocoa powder sprinkled on top depending on what I am spreading it on or using it for.
As a special treat in the winter, I like to make hot chocolate, put whipped cream on top, sprinkled with cocoa powder on top of the whipped cream. It is delicious! I also occassionally put whipped cream on apple cider, and then sprinkle it with cinnamon lightly on top.

Reaction score
I've never frozen it, but I'll have to try it now! I keep mine as cold as possible - something about the structure, it needs to be kept super cold in order to whip properly. I like adding a bit of peppermint extract or orange extract, especially when I'm using it in trifles. Oh, I'm so addicted to trifles.

Ask a Question