Do you bake alone or with friends?

Reaction score
My favorite baking style is to go solo. I like to gather my supplies, turn on some music and get busy. It's therapeutic to me. At times, when I bake with another person, things get chaotic or this individual just takes over the process all together. What's your preference?

Reaction score
I like both ways. Most of the time I am alone baking, but when we have a bake off or cookie exchange where we all bake together at someone's house, it is the most hilarious thing to witness. Somehow we get it all done and everything is great, but the tears of laughter (and a few mimosas) , sharing past baking boo boo's is something to treasure..... and if one of us makes a mistake, there are other bakers there to help fix it or suggest a fix.

I never had an issue where someone took over, so I guess I am blessed with that..... our family bake offs are so much fun.... we have not had one in a few years due to scheduling and the family growing out of control, but hey, we had great fun

Reaction score
I like to bake when I'm alone. Turn on some music or Netflix and just get in the zone. It really helps me manage stress. I made 5 different kinds of cookies after my finals this semester!

Reaction score
I prefer to bake alone, especially I've got the house entirely to myself. I like to listen to music while I bake, or sometimes I've put an episode of a TV show on. I'm not saying I don't like to bake with friends, but I sometimes find that they can dominate and want to do everything. I like doing things my way!

Reaction score
I adore baking on my own.. it's much easier, first of all, but it's a relaxing time for me as well. For the most part though, I'm baking with my kids. The older of the two doesn't help me as much any more (teendom), but he still enjoys the time together when we do.. we always have a great time. Youngest is a little chef and I'm surprised it's not what he wants to do when he grows up. He's like an artist with it and the science of some harder foods isn't lost on him. He could probably whip something up from anything, I think he's that good :) Grandma would be proud of these guys...

But I digress.. I prefer baking with my boys :)

Reaction score
I prefer to do all cooking by myself. Even if I am making food along with several others for a get together, I would rather make my part at home then bring it there. I cannot stand having other people circling around me doing stuff when I am trying to cook, lol. Baking in particular often involves a lot of bowls and baking sheets that take up a lot of space, so I need all the room I can get. I don't have space to be sharing counter tops.

Reaction score
I prefer to bake a lone most of the time.

It isn't because I don't like the company. When I bake a lone it seems I am more efficient in what I am doing. Having company can distract you from what you are doing.

Ask a Question