Do You Bake For Your Pets?

Reaction score
Does anyone else bake treats for their pets? I found a couple of simple recipes online and tried them out. The two recipes that I tried out only had 4 or 5 ingredients and were really easy to make. My dogs liked them.

My only concern was that they were a little bit hard.! The first time I use a dog bone cookie cutter and that was way too big for a treat sized snack. The second time I used the cap from a water bottle as a cookie cutter and that was much manageable for my dogs. I found another recipe online that has canned pumpkin in it so I am going to try that soon. The treats might come out a little softer.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I do like making doggie treats, yes! The recipe monkeyboots posted is basically the one I use. I've seen those amazing-looking cookie-like dog treats at pet stores though, that look like desserts, and I want to try to make those. They actually look really good!

Reaction score
That is an awesome recipe! Two ingredients; I can handle that! That is just brilliant! I never would have thought of using baby food. Yeah my dogs don't care what shape their treats are; just that they get one. They never let me forget either!

Reaction score
I never have baked treats for my cats. Does anyone know a recipe for cat treats, and, also that would be safe for a diabetic cat? Pet treats are a great way to treat them for good behavior or just because they are loved. Right Marie?

Reaction score
Yes, Marie, the recipe is awesome! I like using the banana and banana blends baby foods...I never use the meat varieties--too stinky!

Reaction score
Monkeyboots, I tried your pet treat recipe and it was great! My dogs love them. I used bananas and I threw in a handful of chopped parsley to help with their breath because it's terrible! I rolled the dough into logs and sliced them. The treats came out a nice size and soft and chewy. My one dog doesn't like treats that are too big or hard so these are just perfect for her and the other dogs. Thanks!

Ask a Question