Do you bake homemade cookies? Or cookies from the bag to the oven?

Discussion in 'Cookies' started by ashley0323, Sep 7, 2016.

1. ashley0323

ashley0323 Well-Known Member

Which one do you tend to do more often? I will be honest. I tend to buy bags of cookie mix and follow the instructions and bake them myself. Though, it still doesnt compare to real homemade cookies from scratch!

ashley0323, Sep 7, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. ashley0323

Myrtle Well-Known Member

I never buy cookie mix - I always make cookies from scratch. In my opinion, they always taste better, and I know exactly what's in them.

Myrtle, Sep 7, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. ashley0323

ChesterV Well-Known Member

Homemade cookies are so easy to make, its silly to buy them already made/frozen.

That is unless you are doing something fancy........or want premade cookies like Oreos.

UGH!! Now I want some cookies!!!!

ChesterV, Sep 7, 2016
  4. ashley0323

rz3300 Well-Known Member

Well I struggle, but I do try and sometimes they turn out okay. I am a little jealous when it comes to this just because I have neighbors who always seem to come up with creative baked goods, and really all I can make is a sugar cookie. Those are my favorites though, so it kind of works out.

rz3300, Sep 8, 2016
  5. ashley0323

Panadeiro Well-Known Member

I usually bake the cookies by myself, I like following recipes and that sort of guidelines, it's always fun and more enjoyable than following instructions from a bag, indeed.

Panadeiro, Sep 8, 2016
  6. ashley0323

Clair02 Well-Known Member

I used to use a lot of pre-mixes until I took up baking lessons. Now I just love being able to make my own cookies from scratch. I just feel such satisfaction at being able to do it all myself and I love the whole process from start to finish. I will never use cookie mix again.

Clair02, Sep 13, 2016
  7. ashley0323

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Once you find a from scratch cookie recipe you like you can always pre-mix up the dry ingredients and have your own "mixes" on hand! Just label bag or jar with the wet ingredients to be added, baking time and temp. Works for most any baked good recipe really and I've often done this for times when I'll be doing a marathon of baking for an event and want to save time :)

AuntJamelle, Jan 22, 2018
  8. ashley0323

jenncakes New Member

Hi AuntJamelle, i think that is a great baking tip, pre-mix our own favorites recipes. I will definitely going to apply that, my cookie monsters at home thank you lol.
    Any good easy recipe for chocolate chips cookies?

jenncakes, Oct 21, 2019
  9. ashley0323

J13 Well-Known Member

Another way you can get the best of both worlds is to make up the cookie batter and scoop out cookies onto a baking sheet, but put it in the freezer rather than the oven. Bag them up once they’ve set and keep them in the freezer. When you want cookies, put as many as you like on the sheet and bake them up—any time, any where. You get yummy, “from scratch” cookies without need to make them from scratch then and there. (This, obviously, is nothing new. You do the same when you make cookies that you form into a log and freeze, slicing off what amount you want when you want them).

J13, Oct 21, 2019
  10. ashley0323

jenncakes New Member

Thats perfect great tip thanks

jenncakes, Oct 21, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question