Do you Deep Fry Donuts in Canola or Vegetable Oil?

Deep Fry Donuts in Canola or Vegetable Oil?

• Vegetable Oil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello. I recently made apple fritters, and I cooked them in canola oil. I noticed some recipes use vegetable oil. I was just curious to see if the taste makes a big difference if deep frying donuts in canola or vegetable oil. Any suggestions or advise?

P.S The little apple fritters (looked like dumplings) came out delicious!

Attachments

• IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 749
Reaction score
The only time I've ever deep fried donuts, I believe I used canola oil. They turned out delicious and I enjoyed them, but I have never really used any other oil and haven't toyed with donuts prior to that aside from baking.

Reaction score
I would prefer frying them with Canola Oil instead of Vegetable Oil but I don't use either of them. When I am frying donuts I use Peanut Oil or Grape Seed Oil. I find both these oils to be much lighter, healthier and better to fry in. I would like to try frying them in Olive Oil but I wonder how that will taste and come out!!! Hmmm... o_O

Reaction score
I can't see I have use either of them as I have always pick up my donuts at the bakery.:)

Ask a Question