Do you ever order your baking utensils online?

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but the only time I'd order mine online is if I can't find what I want locally. Because I really like to see and touch things carefully before buying them. I need to inspect my utensils, specially if it's something I'll be using for baking cakes or preparing flan in :)

I'm actually planning to buy a ''flanera'' or flan pan before moving, because I know finding one in that small city where I'll be living would be so hard! Plus odds are most of the flaneras sold over there are coated with that nasty non-stick material I've grown to hate.

My fiance tells me we can order it, but I've already told him I need to check the quality of this kind of utensils to make sure they are good quality. He doesn't get that, but I actually need to see the things and hold them in my hands in order to know. I can't do that online, and that is why I never order that kind of things online.

Reaction score
I do buy online sometimes, but it's like you said - if I can't find something I'm looking for in a local store, then I'll resort to getting it online. The most recent thing I bought online was a set of silicone mini bundt cake pans. I searched high and low locally, but just couldn't find them anywhere, but online I'd found exactly what I needed with one search. Gotta love the internet, right?!

Reaction score
I've never done it, but it's worth considering. My son has been ordering so much stuff online now we don't travel as much as before, I guess we could order some baking utensils and get some cash back on Ebates. It's a thought but I really don't need anything just yet. I don't want to be spending what I don't have and then have them gather stuff. Still, it's a good idea to order what I need online. While freight and duties can be high, some things are worth buying overseas.

As for the quality, I usually believe reviews on reputable sites so that's enough for me sometimes. With clothing I aim for a 80% success rate. I would probably aim for the same thing with baking utensils.

Reaction score
I have never ordered baking utensils online because I really never know what I am looking for when. I go to buy them. I like to go to the store and browse the aisles until I find something that grabs my attention. I will have to consider shopping online next time I want to buy something. I bet Amazon would have some good deals.

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but the only time I'd order mine online is if I can't find what I want locally. Because I really like to see and touch things carefully before buying them. I need to inspect my utensils, specially if it's something I'll be using for baking cakes or preparing flan in :)

I'm actually planning to buy a ''flanera'' or flan pan before moving, because I know finding one in that small city where I'll be living would be so hard! Plus odds are most of the flaneras sold over there are coated with that nasty non-stick material I've grown to hate.

My fiance tells me we can order it, but I've already told him I need to check the quality of this kind of utensils to make sure they are good quality. He doesn't get that, but I actually need to see the things and hold them in my hands in order to know. I can't do that online, and that is why I never order that kind of things online.
I personally think it's kinda sketchy because it could be damaged or just horrible quality I would only order it if you can't find it in stores.

Reaction score
Same here, I am always worried about ordering something online for that reason, that is why I avoid electronics at all cost, they do replace them, but it's such a hassle to send that back to them! Too much hassle something you just prefer to leave things as they are, hehehe! That is why I leave online ordering as my last resort, always the last resort.

Reaction score
I have never ordered baking utensils online because I really never know what I am looking for when. I go to buy them. I like to go to the store and browse the aisles until I find something that grabs my attention. I will have to consider shopping online next time I want to buy something. I bet Amazon would have some good deals.

I do the same, i like to physically examine them :) I only consider ordering something online only if I can't find it in a local store. Because I always think of the things that need to be done if something goes wrong, like for example send back an item. It's such a hassle and they don't cover the return shipping fee most of the time. But I have taken a look on Amazon, and the have some really interesting things there!

Reaction score
I do buy online sometimes, but it's like you said - if I can't find something I'm looking for in a local store, then I'll resort to getting it online. The most recent thing I bought online was a set of silicone mini bundt cake pans. I searched high and low locally, but just couldn't find them anywhere, but online I'd found exactly what I needed with one search. Gotta love the internet, right?!

I might need to do the same when I move to that new place :( The internet can be so handy when you are in a new country where they don't sell the things you usually buy. I think I'll order several things online the first weeks over there :)

Reaction score
I always try and order from places that have free returns too - just in case the thing I ordered isn't the same quality I expected or just won't work for what I need. That way I don't feel stuck with what I'm purchasing if it's not right for me.

Reaction score
I try to buy from brick-and-mortar locations when I can because I'm picky about kitchen equipment and I hate going through the hassle of returning things online.
Shopping for baking supplies always motivates me, too, so sometimes I'll go to the kitchen supply store with no idea in mind and wander around until I find something that inspires me.
Decorating supplies in particular are fun to shop for and I like to be able to handle the product and get a feel for it before I buy.
Typically the only time I order baking supplies online is when it's something that comes standard like cookie sheets or muffin tins.
I've also ordered piping tips online because nowhere near me has a decent selection, and as long as I stick to Wilton I basically know exactly what I'm getting.

Reaction score
Awesome! I also do that!!! I love to browse through different kitchen equipment stores, specially in the Netherlands, because in my mother country we don't seem to have good kitchen equipment stores :( I actually have to buy some metalic cake pans, as well as a flanera ;) I'll buy them locally.

Reaction score
@cupcakechef Do you know of a good site that offers free returns? I ask because I've come across just a few of them :( I hate the idea of having to go thru the hassle, and some Ebay sellers just don't offer free return. Not sure about Amazon though.

Ask a Question